Ended Distribution Officer
The Sustainable Development Foundation (SDF) is a non-governmental, voluntary, independent organization established in March 2015, officially registered at the Ministry of Social Affairs as per license (99). As SDF has been present in Yemen since 2015, it has experience implementing emergency child protection and education responses, including women and youth empowerment. SDF has experience in handling large grants from international donors, such as UNDP, UNHCR, OCHA, WHO, SCI and ZOA. The Foundation has excellent national-level relations and has experience in coordinating with both national and international NGOs. It has offices, staff and community based committees in Hajjah, Sana'a, Marib, Ibb, Hudidah, Dhamar, Al-Bayda’a and Hadramout as well as solid experiences engaging with local communities from whom it gained acceptance and with whom it has collaborated in the past. In addition to that, SDF creates livelihood opportunities and community based protection committees. Last but not least, the foundation is mainly focused on Sustainable Development Goals and Humanitarian Response.
Posted vacancy: Distribution Officer
Employer: Sustainable Development Foundation (SDF) – Yemen.
Position type: Full time contract.
Position reporting to: Project Manager.
Number of vacancies: one
Starting Date: ASAP.
Post date: January 7th, 2020
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Ensure compliance with SDF policies, guidelines and standards.
2. Assess, promote and document ideas for improvement and further program development options.
3. Ensure that project targeted beneficiaries most in need, and explore new and better ways to assist.
4. Manage the NFI team in provision of NFIs.
5. Oversee the activities related to NFIs distribution making sure that are in line with the donor criteria.
6. In charge of the day-to-day field implementation of the project’s activities with the support of the Project Manager.
7. Provide regular reports to the Project Manager.
8. Coordinate and collaborate with Governorate, District and other governance structures at community level for communication and intervention clarity.
9. Contribute to the improvement of processes, such as distribution of NFIs.
10. Contribute and identify opportunities for capacity building of the NFI Team and transfer key skills.
11. Help plan and carry out need’s assessments, baseline studies and surveys, and provide feedback on the findings from the various project stakeholders.
12. Ensure proper filing of documents.
13. Prepare the finance documents of casual labors and follow it with finance department.
14. Responsible for preparing and tracking the receipts and issuing inventory vouchers.
15. Carry out all the documentation needed for all the activities related.
16. Carry out any other relevant task to the position as requested by the line manager.
- University Degree in Business administration, social science, or any relevant field.
- 3 years’ relevant experience from a humanitarian context.
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Be able to use a wide variety of software, including Word, Excel and Power Point
Fluency English skills.
- Experience in capacity building and training of staff and target groups Political and cultural awareness.
- Ability to work independently in a result oriented multi-tasking and multi-cultural environment and manage conflicting priorities.
- Handling insecure environment.
- Planning and delivering results.
- Empowering and building trust.
- Strong communication skills and self-confident to speak in public.
- Able to work under pressure and for extended working hours.
- Strong analytical skills, able of making decisions.
- Takes initiatives, has creative thinking and focuses on solutions rather than problems.
- Open to learning and criticism, willing to improve where needed.
- Able to travel to remote rural areas including overnight stay.
- Qualified candidates from the project' targeted governorates will be given a priority.
· Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are required to apply through the link: Click Here
not later than Jan 20, 2020)
- RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.
· Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.