Ended Administrative Officer
Job Title: Administrative Officer
Department: Operations Department
Reports To: Human Resource & Administrative Manager
Location: Aden, Yemen
Global Communities is a global development organization committed to working in partnership with communities worldwide to bring about sustainable, impactful changes that improve the lives and livelihoods of the vulnerable. Development is not something we do for people; it is something we do with them. We believe that the people who understand their needs best are the people of the community itself. Global Communities’ Department of Humanitarian Assistance (HA) has developed a strategy for the organization’s response to the Yemen crisis, anchored in a field presence. Specifically, HA is responding directly in Yemen, intensifying Global Communities’ assistance to vulnerable Yemenis. Global Communities, with its more than 60-year experience in over 80 countries, has the commitment to be a strong part of humanitarian response to Yemen by building up the capacity of vulnerable groups and strengthening their resilience to improve their living conditions with a long-lasting, positive and community-based change.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Administrative Officer will be perform duties specified in particular as follows:
- The Administrative Officer will work closely with Logistics department to follow up all maintenance requests in order to maintain general maintenance of GC’s Offices and Guesthouse if any as per GC’s rules and regulations.
- Do weekly check to ensure that all types of needs, maintenance and services have been achieved appropriately on time.
- Ensure all appliances in use and other fixed assets are working in good condition and if not report that to Logistics Department.
- Prepare regular reports on expenses and office budgets.
- Ensure all bills of utilities for the GC’s office and Guesthouse paid on time.
- Greet visitors and present a positive image of GC; answer routine questions and provide a variety of information to include distributing bulletins, brochures and other project-related material
- Routinely re-order department supplies including ordering ID cards for new staff.
- Organize meetings and statutory events (e.g. Panels and Case Conferences), ensuring that appointments are realistically planned with regard to timing and venue; venue, catering and resources are booked appropriately; and preparing materials to support the event.
- Arrange travel and accommodations for local staff.
- Maintain an organization calendar and schedule appointments.
- Update office policies as needed.
- Develop and maintain up to date information about the service including on the intranet, internet, stationery and internal and external publications.
- Undertake general clerical and administrative tasks to support the service as required (e.g. post processes, photocopying, scanning.
- Submit and reconcile expense reports.
- Maintain Inventory register by working closely with the logistics department.
- Maintain timely and efficiently stocking of pantry items / equipment, stationery, kitchen and office / Guesthouse supplies (maintain stock register).
- Ensure efficient functioning of the administrative filing system for the GC’s offices and Guesthouse.
- Ensure updated mail/ phone directories / Lists and send to staff on monthly basis.
- Take accurate minutes of meetings once required within the department.
- Directly supervise the Administrative team, manage their schedules and ensure that every duty done on time and appropriately.
- Directly supervise support team (cleaners, cook…) with managing their schedules and ensure cleaning of GC’s office and Guesthouse premises.
- Due to the nature of the program’s activities, the above-mentioned tasks are indicative only and are subject to change. Others/additional tasks may be delegated to meet organization’s objectives.
- Perform other duties, as needed or requested by supervisor.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- University degree in Management, Business Administration or related field is required and 1 year of relevant professional experience in a similar setting and capacity is required.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills and teamwork-oriented.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organization skills.
- Very good in written and verbal English and Arabic is required. Must be able to read and interpret documents, and communicate with others as necessary to perform job duties effectively
- Very good in standard Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel, Outlook) and typing.
- Ability to travel as required within Yemen.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage personal stress levels.
January 2020 up to 31 March 2020 with possibility of extension.
- Application should consist of detailed resume or CV. Resume or CV should include the applicant’s detailed work and Educational history background.
- Applications should be submitted to https://podio.com/webforms/21463955/1491567
- Applications submitted after 15th of January 2020 will not be considered. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.