Ended Human Resource Assistant
Job Title: Human Resources Assistant
Department: Operations Department
Reports To: Human Resources Officer
Location: Aden, Yemen
Global Communities is a global development organization committed to working in partnership with communities worldwide to bring about sustainable, impactful changes that improve the lives and livelihoods of the vulnerable. Development is not something we do for people; it is something we do with them. We believe that the people who understand their needs best are the people of the community itself. Global Communities’ Department of Humanitarian Assistance (HA) has developed a strategy for the organization’s response to the Yemen crisis, anchored in a field presence. Specifically, HA is responding directly in Yemen, intensifying Global Communities’ assistance to vulnerable Yemenis. Global Communities, with its more than 60-year experience in over 80 countries, has the commitment to be a strong part of humanitarian response to Yemen by building up the capacity of vulnerable groups and strengthening their resilience to improve their living conditions with a long-lasting, positive and community-based change.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The HR Assistant will be responsible for performing general human resources functions, and play a key role in the overall HR functions including staff recruitment, contracts preparations, staff leaves/attendance and time sheets tracking. The duties are specified in particular as follows:
- Monitor staff attendance and ensure that all staff timesheets are filed on time with attached all the required documents (Permission Requisition Forms, Leave Forms, Travel Requests, etc..)
- Participate in recruitment activities when needed.
- Complete / Scan & archive recruitment dossier (PRF, Ads, CV(s), written test, Interview Question forms, and other related documents needed in staff file)
- Prepare employment contracts in conformity with legal requirements of the Yemeni law including specific amendments or status change forms and extension when necessary.
- Schedule induction and briefing for new joiners on GC policies.
- Prepare and follow up the Social security and Tax payments.
- Assist the HR Officer in meetings upon request.
- Assist the HR Officer in new staff briefings.
- Assist in following up life & medical insurances when needed.
- Maintain employee’s personnel records ensuring timely and accurate records.
- Receive incoming calls and direct them to appropriate staff, make outgoing calls for the staff as appropriate.
- Arrange for workshops, interviews, and any additional meetings.
- Ensure that leave, recruitment, and training trackers are updated on a regular basis.
- Due to the nature of the program’s activities, the above-mentioned tasks are indicative only and are subject to change. Others/additional tasks may be delegated to meet programmatic objectives.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Bachelor degree in Management, Human Resources, Business Administration or any other filed is required and 1 year of relevant professional experience is preferred.
- Good organizational and communication skills and teamwork-oriented.
- Good analytical, problem solving and organization skills.
- Good in written and verbal English and Arabic is required.
- Proficient in standard Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel, Outlook) and typing.
- Ability to travel as required within Yemen.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage personal stress levels.
- Sense of neutrality and ability to work across Yemen, in cooperation with all parties to the conflict.
From January 2020 until March 31, 2020 with possibility of extension.
- Application should consist of detailed resume or CV. Resume or CV should include the applicant’s detailed work and Educational history background.
- Applications should be submitted to https://podio.com/webforms/21463955/1491567
- Applications submitted after 15th of January 2020 will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.