Job Title: Handy-Man
Department: Operations Department
Reports To: Logistics Coordinator
Location: Aden, Yemen
About Global Communities
Global Communities is a global development organization committed to working in partnership with communities worldwide to bring about sustainable, impactful changes that improve the lives and livelihoods of the vulnerable. Development is not something we do for people; it is something we do with them. We believe that the people who understand their needs best are the people of the community itself. Global Communities’ Department of Humanitarian Assistance (HA) has developed a strategy for the organization’s response to the Yemen crisis, anchored in a field presence. Specifically, HA is responding directly in Yemen, intensifying Global Communities’ assistance to vulnerable Yemenis. Global Communities, with its more than 60-year experience in over 80 countries, has the commitment to be a strong part of humanitarian response to Yemen by building up the capacity of vulnerable groups and strengthening their resilience to improve their living conditions with a long-lasting, positive and community-based change.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Handy-Man provides Maintenance support for the administrative and program staff of Global Communities. Duties include the maintenance of Global Communities assets and accommodation are as follows;
- Maintain a regular check-up, fix and repair for all electrical appliances, wiring and electrical points.
- Repair all plumbing connections and Installs pipes and fixtures, such as sinks or toilets.
- Regular full Service for all air conditioning appliances.
- Capability of Repairing in unit appliances, such as Refrigerators, microwaves, stoves, ovens and coffee makers.
- Perform any carpentry work such as; fixing and repairing desks, tables, chairs or doors.
- Good Knowledge in Generator maintenance and alarms.
- Perform maintenance and lights repairs.
- Undertake duties as assigned or in an emergency cases night work may be requested.
- Shifting or assembling Furniture’s or equipment as needed.
- Report any malfunction of any GC assets with a detailed maintenance report include all needed materials for further repair.
- Any other duties assigned by supervisor should be performed.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- High School, Diploma or University degree in Electrical Engineering is highly preferred or equivalent in professional qualification with 1-year relevant experience with NGOs/INGOs will be preferred.
- Graduates from the (Institute of Technical Training and Vocational Education) are encouraged to apply.
- Excellent Skills in electrical maintenance.
- Good to very good skills in Plumbing systems.
- Good skills at Carpentry works.
- Good organizational and communication skills and teamwork-oriented.
- Good analytical, problem solving and organization skills.
- Good in written and verbal English and Arabic is required.
- Ability to travel as required within Yemen.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage personal stress levels.
January 2020 – 31 March 2020 with possibility of extension.
- Application should consist of detailed resume or CV. Resume or CV should include the applicant’s detailed work and Educational history background.
- Applications should be submitted to https://podio.com/webforms/21463955/1491567
- Applications submitted after 15th of January 2020 will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.