Ended Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning Manager
The Sustainable Development Foundation (SDF) is a non-governmental, voluntary, independent organization established in March 2015, officially registered at the Ministry of Social Affairs as per license (99). As SDF has been present in Yemen since 2015, it has experience implementing emergency child protection and education responses, including women and youth empowerment. SDF has experience in handling large grants from international donors, such as UNDP, UNHCR and OCHA. SDF has excellent national-level relations and has experience in coordinating with both national and international NGOs. SDF has offices, staff and community-based committees in Hajjah, Sana'a, Marib, Ibb and Hodeidah and has solid experiences engaging with local communities from whom it gained acceptance and with whom SDF has collaborated in the past including creation of livelihood opportunities and community-based protection committees. Last but not least, the foundation is mainly focused on Sustainable Development Goals and Humanitarian Response.
Posted vacancy: Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning Manager
Position type: Full time contract.
Number of vacancies: One.
Post date: January 7th, 2020.
Tasks and responsibilities to be undertaken
MEAL Manager Job Duties:
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Design, develop and implement performance monitoring plan and performance tracking systems and then monitor and report the actual achievement of target results for existing and developing programs.
- Review and approve the performance monitoring plans, including results indicators and milestones presented in SDF proposals for grants.
- Monitor, verify and report on results achievement by the programs and propose recommendations – where appropriate – to further enhance the achievement of specified results.
- Lead in the development of assessment and monitoring tools and oversee monitoring and assessment databases, in coordination with the Information Management Officer.
- Develop Requests for Proposals and scopes of work for third party M&E contractors and manage project implementation.
- Ensure integrity and sound design for data collection tools used for performance tracking.
- Develop and update country accountability action plans, ensuring proper implementation and follow-up on beneficiary feedback mechanisms
- Support and oversee the development of project monitoring and evaluation plans and tools
- Facilitate data collection and analysis (e.g., baselines/end-lines, needs assessments, regular monitoring) relating to the monitoring, evaluation and learning for each project
- Provide ongoing training to staff at all levels of program implementation in the areas of reporting, accountability, monitoring and evaluation.
- Perform data entry for all required reports (monthly, quarterly, annual, final).
- Collecting, compiling, updating and presenting organizational and services information on the sectors of SDF projects
- Contribute analyses, observations and narrative description to the production of databases, reports, SDF case studies.
- Maintain effective communication with SDF team regarding monitoring and evaluation of SDF projects.
- Assist Program Managers in project planning and development, advising on M&E data management plans.
- Represent SDF at relevant sector/cluster and inter-agency meetings.
- Meet with local and international partners when needed.
- Perform other duties as needed.
Coordinating and Reporting
- Ensure regular filed monitoring visits and provide on job support & monitoring to staff, and Stakeholders as needed.
- Provide reports based on ongoing implementation of M&E plans on a weekly/monthly/quarterly basis to program management team, and relevant donors; update matrixes for relevant sectors as needed.
- Work towards ensuring that the program adheres to SDF and Stakeholders minimum quality standards as related to MEAL.
- Facilitate the reporting of Program Performance to donors on a monthly/quarterly basis and share the key lessons learnt and challenges faced during implementation.
Accountability and Learning
- Facilitate learning amongst the Stakeholders through reviews of progress against benchmarks, collecting lessons learnt and best practices and facilitating dissemination of the same across consortium members.
- In Coordination with Stakeholders, lead in development and implementation of program studies, assessments and learning.
- Build on/coordinate and implement an Accountability Framework for the Stakeholders with an ingrained Community Accountability Response and Feedback Mechanism (CARM) for timely decision making and improvements to programming.
- take a lead to organize Stakeholders review meetings and lessons learned workshop upon project completion
- As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve, we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit SDF as well as themselves.
Accountability to Beneficiaries
- SDF team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
Education and Experience
- University degree at least Bachelor in Data Management, Information Technology, Development studies, or any related field
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience in a similar setting and capacity.
- Experience in the design and implementation of M&E/MIS in development projects implemented by national/international NGOs/UN bodies/ Government.
Specific skills for the post:
- Competence in using information Technology (IT) including Word, Excel and common packages such as SPSS, EXCEL, Kobo Box, Google form etc.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to analyze data using analytical tools and reflecting it in the reports.
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and effectively.
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural contexts.
- Ability to work under pressure of deadlines.
- Fluent in English and Arabic (Speaking and writing. (
Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are required to apply through the link: Click Here
not later than Jan 20, 2020)
- RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.
· Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.