The Sustainable Development Foundation (SDF) is a non-governmental, voluntary, independent organization established in March 2015, officially registered at the Ministry of Social Affairs as per license (99). As SDF has been present in Yemen since 2015, it has experience implementing emergency child protection and education responses, including women and youth empowerment. SDF has experience in handling large grants from international donors, such as UNDP, UNHCR and OCHA. SDF has excellent national-level relations and has experience in coordinating with both national and international NGOs. SDF has offices, staff and community-based committees in Hajjah, Sana'a, Marib, Ibb and Hodeidah and has solid experiences engaging with local communities from whom it gained acceptance and with whom SDF has collaborated in the past including creation of livelihood opportunities and community-based protection committees. Last but not least, the foundation is mainly focused on Sustainable Development Goals and Humanitarian Response.
Posted vacancy: Monitoring & Evaluation Accountability and Learning Assistant
Position type: Full time contract.
Number of vacancies: One.
Post date: January 7th, 2020.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The “MEAL Assistant” will be responsible but not limited to:
Monitoring and Data Management:
- Working closely with the MEAL Officer to establish a mechanism for data collection tools (quantitative and qualitative) and reporting to ensure all monitoring requirements are met, including field monitoring.
- Assist in organizing, designing, planning and carrying out the collection, verification, evaluation, analysis, compilation and dissemination of MEAL data.
- Assist in developing the logical frame work for the projects.
- Assist in developing tracking tools for projects’ indicators to ensure that activities are tracked according to agreed plans.
- Conduct regular field visits to track progress against indicators and put in place systems for routing data quality checks and revisions.
- Work closely with the MEAL Officer and program staff to ensure data on project deliverables and achievements against the log frame is as accurate and up to date as possible and managed according to agreed processes and standards.
- Assist in conducting data quality assessments on key activities and developing analytical reports.
Assessment, Surveys, and Learning:
- Regularly collect case studies, success stories, and human-interest stories that tell an interactive story of the development impact of project activities.
- Regularly conduct/analyze/report Baselines, PDM, End-lines and other surveys, as requested.
- Work closely with the MEAL Officer to guide the regular sharing of the outputs of M&E findings with project staff, implementing partners, and primary stakeholders.
- Support the dissemination of quality data for decision making and feedback via regular information sharing with stakeholders and beneficiaries, and through publication of key project successes.
- Compiling and analyzing collected data in order to identify lessons learned and any gaps or problems; sharing results in project reflection meetings and reporting any concerns to the MEAL Officer and appropriate program staff.
- Conduct monthly Field Visits and share the reports on timely manner.
Reporting and Accountability:
- Work with the MEAL Officer to support the Program team in the monthly, quarterly, annual, and final reporting, ensuring that the reporting meets donor expectations and requirements.
- In coordination with the MEAL Officer, implement the Accountability Mechanism, including preparations of tools for feedback and complaint collecting and recording, and responding.
- Assist the MEAL Officer to manage the complaints from beneficiaries on the hotline, mobile, feedback boxes and/or any newly instituted feedback channels.
- Ensure the timely entry of all feedback received from beneficiaries/stakeholders into the CFM database and direct the feedback to the project focal point for following up.
- Assist on submitting the CFM database/report on the weekly and monthly basis to Team Leader – MEAL, focusing on lessons learned which identified and generated from CFM.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned by the Direct Supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- University degree at least Bachelor in Data Management, Information Technology, Development studies, or any related field.
- At least 2 years of MEAL experience.
- Demonstrated computer skills (Word, Excel, SPSS).
- Fluent in English and Arabic (Speaking and writing. (
- Reporting Skills are required.
- Ability to analyze data using analytical tools and reflecting it in the reports.
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and effectively.
- Ability to work under pressure of deadlines.
Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are required to apply through the link: Click Here
not later than Jan 20, 2020)
- RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.
· Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.