Ended Shelter & CCCM Manager
Duties and responsibilities
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures.
- Contribute to the development of CCCM CC strategies and development of relevant CC projects.
- Assist implementation of Camp Management project activities, budget and project
- documentation in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements.
- Provide regular progress reports to the management/Community services coordinator.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore and assess new and better ways to assist.
- Liaise and coordinate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders.
- Promote the rights of IDPs in line with the advocacy strategy.
- Lead rapid and, when necessary, detailed emergency assessments including multi-sector needs assessments including in new or existing sites, site like settings and collective centers.
- Lead population monitoring assessments, including head counts, flow monitoring and intentions surveys.
- Coordinate with the CCCM sub cluster Coordinator and other partners to ensure that harmonized assessment tools and information sharing processes are adopted for site assessments.
- Lead in mapping and use in geographic information system and assessment of evacuation sites for contingency planning purposes, information sharing and reporting.
- Emergency site management and coordination.
- Lead the deployment of mobile CCCM team for emergency CCCM interventions to areas of new or increased displacement.
- Support emergency CCCM interventions in the field including development of service maps.
- Support field level engagement and coordination of humanitarian services at site level with various stakeholders.
- Facilitate establishment/strengthening of IDP committees in site whose members are representative of the population, ensuring that representation takes into account Persons with Special Needs.
- Facilitate and coordinate formal meetings and dialogue sessions with community representatives.
- Develop the capacity of community leaders, site management committee members, and local authorities to develop through training and mentoring.
- Lead communications with Communities (SMC) activities to share information with the community and facilitate two-way dialogue.
- Coordinate complaints and feedback mechanisms in site settings.
- In link with the protection team, facilitate a community action planning process to enhance ownership of solutions.
- The remaining of the responsibilities can be seen in the attached file.
- At least 3 years’ CCCM experience of which at least 2 years should be at international NGOs/ UN agencies.
- University degree in information technology, demography, statistics, social sciences, GIS or any related area, or an equivalent combination of relevant training and experience in shelter and information management/mapping related activities in natural disaster or conflict situations.
- Experience in mobile or out-of-camp CCCM programming and emergency response.
- Experience in conducting needs assessments, data analysis and mapping.
- Experience in participatory approaches and accountability to affected populations (AAP).
- Proven technical knowledge of CCCM, project cycle management, SPHERE standards and accountability principles.
- Experience in proposal and budget development and project implementation (including budget management);
- Understanding of and experience in engaging the cluster system in IDP sites or coordination mechanisms in refugee camps.
- Ability for rapid analysis of complex issues, strong decision-making, and translation of programmatic learning and priorities into operational strategies.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, cross-cultural communication and ease in managing a multi-ethnic team.
- Good team leadership and conflict resolution skills, consensus team building, and adaptability.
- Patience and understanding to work with and develop capacity of national staff.
- Experience delivering programs to tight deadlines.
- Good computer/IT skills with an excellent writing, communication and negotiation skills; ability to prepare clear and concise reports.
- Fluency in written and spoken English language is mandatory. Arabic is an asset.
- Ability and willingness to work in very remote and isolated location with limited resources and possible security risks;
- Mapping/GIS: Good understanding of geospatial data management, analysis, and map making processes.
- Experience in remote management will be an added advantage.
- Strong initiative and self-motivated, with a strong commitment to teamwork and humanitarian principles.
- Ability to multi-task and cope with competing demands under tight deadlines.
- Identify priority activities and assignments, adjust priorities as required.
- Aptitude and openness to change, with an ability to lead change management.
We can offer
Till the end of Dec 2020 with possibility of extension subject to funding availability