Duties and responsibilities
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures.
- Contribute to the development of CCCM CC strategies and development of relevant CC projects.
- Assist implementation of Camp Management project activities, budget and project documentation in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements.
- Provide regular progress reports to the management/Community services coordinator.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore and assess new and better ways to assist.
- Liaise and coordinate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders.
- Promote the rights of IDPs in line with the advocacy strategy.
- Participate in coordinating and strengthening of an effective and transparent coordination system in the camp, including coordination of service provision and other defined camp activities.
- Develop a continuous and constructive communication with all stakeholders.
- Attend to and process information sharing needs received from UNHCR, Government Authorities and other partners.
- Assist in promoting community and agencies understanding of different roles and responsibilities implemented by Stakeholders in CCCM.
- Support adherence to Standard Operating Procedures during implementation of various activities in the camp, e.g. flow management at distribution.
- Assist in preparing service monitoring reports and disseminating the finding to community representatives and the residents of the site.
- Monitor and ensure that IDP committees and actors working in the site act and behave according to agree upon Codes of Conduct (CoC) and Terms of Reference (ToRs).
- Promote the camp population's self-reliance and ownership of decision-making processes through identifying strategies and project-cycle stages where camp community should be involved.
- Assist in capacity building activities of community representatives in the camp.
- Contribute with coordinating adequate reporting and effective information sharing including. disaggregating data by age and gender.
- Promote inclusion approaches in implementing activities in the site including participation of Persons of Specific Needs (PSN’s).
- Assist in ensuring that infrastructural improvement, repair and rehabilitation of site infrastructure aimed at improving safety and protection of refugees and asylum seekers within the IDP camps are made according to relevant standards and guidelines.
- Identify solutions/strategies that promote community participation in care and maintenance activities in the site and support to create/support care and maintenance committees.
- Build and maintain mutually respectful relationships with site management team, service providers, local authorities, IDP community members as well as host community members.
- Attend and facilitate meetings with stakeholders, such as local authorities, Sub-National Clusters, NGOs, INGOs, UN and IDPs, including translation of meeting proceedings and provision of meeting minutes.
- Contribute in preparing of activities detail implementation plan.
- The remaining of the responsibilities can be seen in the attached file.
- Minimum of two years of relevant project experience; Technical specific knowledge from the humanitarian sector.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Community Development, Project Planning and Management, Education or a related Social Science degree.
- Results-oriented attitude, with the ability to establish and supervise technical lines, promote communication, knowledge sharing and culture of learning, manage multiple work streams while ensuring quality.
- Ability to rapidly understand the policy, strategic and institutional environment.
- Understanding and experience of project monitoring, evaluation and reporting, with the ability to design effective M&E tools.
- Commitment to participatory and inclusive methods of working.
- Fluency in English, both written and oral.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to deliver lively training in English/Arabic.
- Sound interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, with in particular the ability to write concise, accurate reports in easily-understood language.
- Political and cultural awareness.
- Handling insecure environments.
- Managing resources to optimize results.
- Empowering and building trust.
- Managing performance and development.
- Planning and delivering results.
- Communicating with impact and respect
We can offer
- Till the end of Dec 2020 with possibility of extension subject to funding availability.
- Local candidates are most preferable and encouraged.
How to Apply