Ended CCCM Assistant
Duties and responsibilities
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Assist with the implementation of the CCCM management programme according to the plan of action.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the CCCM.
- Assist in conducting information campaigns to the IDP camp population.
- Assist in the assessment of information needs among the site population and host communities.
- Conduct information/sensitization campaigns, update information boards, mobilize of the site population for large-scale events (e.g. distribution, registration/verification exercises), thematic focus group discussions, participatory IDP site assessments, identify and refer Persons with Special Needs (PSN) when needed, etc.
- Assist in the design, preparation and dissemination of IEC material.
- Sensitize the IDP site population to make use of the NRC-operated helpdesks established in the site to obtain information and raise issues and concerns.
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders in the IDP camp site to ensure that timely and accurate service-related information is made available to the camp population.
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders in the IDP site to ensure that self-governance mechanisms are instrumental in the improvement of community self-reliance and empowerment across the different sectors.
- Ensure that community engagement activities include traditionally under-represented groups, such as women, elders, youth, etc. and that they target beneficiaries most in need of protection and assistance.
- Provide weekly, monthly, situational and annual reports to the management detailing progress of community engagement activities. This encompasses achievement of project outputs, objectives and the challenges faced.
- Ensure that means of verification related to the various community engagement activities are adequately filed in compliance with management’s requirements.
- Participate/Facilitate capacity building activities instrumental in improving the understanding of CCCM activities and other key thematic areas (e.g. PSEA and conflict management) by community representatives.
- Assist in the organization of CCCM capacity-building events for other humanitarian stakeholders.
- Ensure high quality and ongoing monitoring and evaluation of activities implemented, in consultation with the M&E department.
- Assist in conducting resource and needs assessment including liaison with other service providers in the camp to ensure inclusive support for all displacement affected populations.
- Assist in inter-agency referral process for refugees as well as carrying out follow- ups and providing feedback on referred cases to the responsible agency/persons of concern.
- Represent NRC in coordination meetings when requested by the CCCM Officer.
- Minimum 1 year of relevant experience in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile.
- Proficiency in a wide variety of software, e.g. Microsoft Office, Outlook, etc.
- Experience in capacity building and training of target groups.
- Political and cultural awareness.
- Ability to work independently in a result oriented multi-tasking and multi-cultural environment and manage conflicting priorities.
- Proficiency in English, both oral and written.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to deliver lively training in English/Arabic
- Empowering and building trust.
- Communicating with impact and respect.
- Managing resources to optimize results
We can offer
- Till the end of Dec 2020 with possibility of extension subject to funding availability.
- Only local candidates.
How to Apply