Area Support Manager
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs.
The purpose of the Area Support Manager is to coordinate and manage the support functions at Area Office level, and work along with the Area Manager on these functions while providing quality and efficient support for programmes implementation in Hodeidah Area Management.
Duties and responsibilities
- Line management for support staff such as Finance, HR & Admin and Logistics/ICT.
- Member of the Area Management Group.
- Compliance with and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and handbooks and donor/auditor requirements.
- provide input on operational support to the Area Plan of Action, and to coordinate and align operational support with programme plans at Area level.
- Responsible for ensuring quality support to project implementation.
- Facilitate Area Support Budget, area level budgets, including support cost.
- Responsible for developing regular reports on Area level to Country Office and AM.
- Responsible for implementation of new country specific technical SOPs, guidelines and tools in Area (HR, Logistic/ICT and Finance).
- Facilitate trainings for programme staff on finance, logistics and HR procedures.
- Responsible for technical capacity building of support staff (HR, Logistic/ICT and Finance).
- Act as a focal point for the area support function issues and coordinate with the head of support on support functions related issues;.
- Coordinate and align operational support with program plans at area level through proper planning;.
- Ensure monthly report pertaining to support function are shared on timely manner.
- Verify that filing tree is updated on monthly basis with all required auditable documents for support;.
- Responsible for identifying compliance risks areas and mitigation measures in the area in adherence to NRC policies, guidance, handbooks and donor/auditor requirements, including with spot checks, field visits and in depth reviews;.
- Ensure to provide proper procedures and monitoring tools for corruption mapping and mitigation practices in all related support functions;.
- Perform spot checks, field visits, and in depth reviews to monitor and ensure compliance and adherence to all related policies and procedures;.
- Participate in investigation of allegations of suspected fraud or misconduct and produce required reports as requested;.
- Maintain overall budget control and monitor cash flows;.
- Responsible for monthly closure and posting of Monthly expenditure on time;.
- Assess and monitor costs and resources allocation at area level;.
- Provide support and guidance for audits related to all support functions of direct responsibility.
- Responsible for implementation and oversight of an efficient, compliant and accountable supply chain which meets programme needs.
- Engage with procurement and supply chain planning and follow up throughout project cycles.
- Responsible for oversight of procurement, transportation, stock and asset management, facility management, fleet and ICT.
- Ensure adherence to national labor law in all HR and Admin processes and procedures.
- Oversight of recruitments, performance management, training, induction, other HR & Admin related issues.
Minimum 5 years of experience in a relevant management position preferably within a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Experience working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken.
- Knowledge of the context in Yemen.
- Knowledge of relevant government laws and directives.
- Experience in implementation of humanitarian projects/programs.
- Solid knowledge of logistics and procurement, human resources, and finance routines.
- Allocation of budgets, resources and costs.
- Knowledge of Arabic is an asset.
- Managing resources to optimize results.
- Managing performance and development.
- Handling insecure environments.
- Empowering and building trust.
We can offer
Til 31/Dec/2020 (Renewable based on funding/ Performance)