Duties and responsibilities
- The Cook is in charge of preparing meals (breakfast /lunch and dinner) for all NRC staff working at Hajjah office.
- Plan, prepare and serve meals and refreshments for NRC staff and visitors according to plans.
- To be able to cook for a big number of people daily.
- Order food and supplies according to the set menu and in line with
- quality standards and number of people.
- Maintain high standards of hygiene in food handling, self and in the kitchen.
- Clean the kitchen area and wash up the utensils and equipment.
- Ensure that all utilities are stored in their designated areas and that garbage is disposed off appropriately.
- Inform line manager of any breakages or necessary equipment repair.
- Keep track of kitchen inventories.
- Cleans food preparation areas, and keep a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen.
- Portions, arranges, and garnishes food based on staff preference.
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly.
- Check quality of ingredients.
- Monitor stock and place orders when there are shortages.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Comply with NRC procedures and policies.
- Primary / lower secondary school.
- Experience from working as a Cook.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Experience from working with administration.
- Operates various kitchen appliance such as a blender, oven, grill, or stand mixer.
- Experience in kitchen management and cooking for a big number of people.
- Experience working in restaurants.
We can offer
- The manual CVs are acceptable.
- Experience with NRC is most preferred.
- Till the end of Dec 2020 extendable open funding availability & Performance.
How to Apply