Ended Data Analyst
The Sustainable Development Foundation (SDF) is a non-governmental, voluntary, independent organization established in March 2015, officially registered at the Ministry of Social Affairs as per license (99). As SDF has been present in Yemen since 2015, it has experience implementing emergency child protection and education responses, including women and youth empowerment. SDF has experience in handling large grants from international donors, such as UNDP, UNHCR, OCHA, WHO, SCI and ZOA. The Foundation has excellent national-level relations and has experience in coordinating with both national and international NGOs. It has offices, staff and community-based committees in Hajjah, Sana'a, Marib, Ibb, Hudidah, Dhamar, Al-Bayda’a and Hadramout as well as solid experiences engaging with local communities from whom it gained acceptance and with whom it has collaborated in the past. In addition to that, SDF creates livelihood opportunities and community-based protection committees. Last but not least, the foundation is mainly focused on Sustainable Development Goals and Humanitarian Response.
Posted vacancy: Data Analyst.
Employer: Sustainable Development Foundation (SDF) – Yemen.
Position type: Full time – contract.
Staff reporting to this post: Data Entrys
Position reporting to: program Manager
Starting Date: ASAP.
Post Date: Jan 08, 2020.
Closing Date: Jan 18, 2020.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Data Analyst will contribute to the following areas:
· Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports.
· Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.
· Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems.
· Defining new data collection and analysis processes.
· Helps in designing and creating the assessments.
· Analyze and lead the process of baselines, end-lines, and post distribution mentoring.
· Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
· Filter and “clean” data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators.
· Work with management to prioritize business and information needs.
· Gather the data form the field and fill it into the database in order to analyze it.
· Prepare progress and analytical reports.
· Locate and define new process improvement opportunities.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
· Holds him/herself accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling SDF values
· Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
· Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
· Widely shares their personal vision for SDF, engages and motivates others
· Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
· Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
· Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
· Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
· Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
· Willing to take disciplined risks.
· Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· A bachelor's degree in an area relevant to the assignment, such as Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Economics, or Statistics.
· Professional in using SPSS “official certificate” should be available
· Professional in using Excel
· Ability to use KoBo tool box and other data collection tools
· Experience in data models and reporting packages
· Ability to analyze large datasets
· Ability to write comprehensive reports
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· An analytical mind and inclination for problem-solving
· Attention to detail
· At least 4 years’ experience in data modeling and analysis.
· Understanding of data innovation methodologies and designing data-based experiments preferred.
· Flexibility to adapt expectations and project outputs to field-level realities.
· Spoken and written Arabic and English is essential.
Data analysts work with large amounts of data: facts, figures, and number crunching. You will need to see through the data and analyze it to find conclusions.
Data analysts are often called to present their findings, or translate the data into an understandable document. You will need to write and speak clearly, easily communicating complex ideas.
Data analysts must look at the numbers, trends, and data and come to new conclusions based on the findings.
Attention to Detail:
Data is precise. Data analysts have to make sure they are vigilant in their analysis to come to correct conclusions.
Data analysts need math skills to estimate numerical data.
Excellent command of written and spoken English and Arabic.
· Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are required to apply through the link: Click Here
not later than Jan 20, 2020)
· RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.
· Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.