Ended Cholera Response Officer (2)
Position: Cholera Response Officer
Location: Sana’a with field visit (1), Aden (1)
Reports to: Cholera Response Coordinator
Duration: Till November 20, 2020, renewable based on fund availability & performance
ABOUT ADRA: The Adventist Development and Relief Agency is an independent, humanitarian agency established for the specific purpose of providing individual and community development and disaster relief. ADRA Yemen pursue a mission of changing the world by uplifting one life at a time. ADRA International serves 142 countries and was present in Yemen since 1995. It has more than 1200 aid workers serving in Yemen making it one of the biggest ADRA operations in the world. Its programs are supported by USAID, OFDA, The Japan Platform, DANIDA, German Foreign Office, German Humanitarian Aid, Sida, UNOCHA, UNHCR, WHO, WFP and DFID. It has presence in 14 Governorates in Yemen responding to all areas of humanitarian sectors. ADRA Yemen is undertaking programs in Yemen in the fields of health, child protection, education, women's protection and empowerment, NFI and food distribution, cash assistance, and livelihoods programming. Our work in these challenging settings gives rise to some of the most pressing issues facing contemporary humanitarian action, including questions of access, security, funding and coordination.
The “Cholera Response Officer” will be responsible but not limited to:
- Participate in the development of programs, activities and plans of the working team.
- Follow-up the cholera situations updates and prepare a Daily and weekly reports accordingly.
- Participate in the field survey process, rapid need assessment and determining AWD in the targeted areas.
- Follow up and monitor the cholera related activities with WASH team.
- Participating and supervising Hygiene kits distribution, hygiene promotion, and cholera awareness sessions.
- Conduct frequent field visits to supervise the progress of cholera activities.
- Ensure and verify beneficiaries’ data; conduct verification assessment as required
- Ensure high work quality and meeting deadlines;
- Provide continuous technical support, training, and orientation to the community volunteers on cholera response to ensure quality of implementation
- Participate in planning and preparation of activities and workshops.
- Organize, plan and supervise community participation, etc.
- Monitor implementation before, during and after each activity.
- Establish safety and security measures for each activity and ensure that organization principles are respected and followed
- Cooperate and coordinate with local authorities and management to ensure access to areas of need.
- Represent the organization as needed per the instructions of the line manager.
- Act as cholera focal point for different projects stakeholders.
- Any other related duties as assigned by direct supervisor.
Minimum QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in social studies or equivalent with health/WASH experience which relevant to WASH emergency assistance.
- At least professional experience of 2 years in cholera health/WASH.
- Skills in capacity building, social mobilization and hygiene promotion.
- Fluent in local language Arabic (written & spoken)
- Good knowledge in English (both written and speaking)
- Knowledge of computer software Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Personal qualities: self-motivated, enthusiastic, professional and understands and believes in humanitarian principles
- Committed, responsible and ability to learn
- Extremely flexible, and can cope with stressful situations
- Willingness to travel to the intervention areas when required.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles; our key values:
- Integrity and transparency
- Communicating openly, clearly, timely and appropriately.
- Excellence in all activities
- The deadline for receiving applications is Tuesday, January 14, 2020
- Interested candidates are requested to submit their application by CLICKING HERE
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
- Submit only one application per position
- Females are encouraged to apply.