Ended Advisor (Education office)
Vacancy Announcement for National Personnel for the German International Cooperation / Quality of Education Improvement Programme - (PN 16.2054.1-001.00) implemented by the GIZ Office Sana’a.
- Position: Advisor (Education office – Sana’a city)
- End of Contract: 31.01.2021
- Post Location: Sana’a
The Advisor is responsible for
- coordination and management of all program interventions i.e. qualification of school personal, school development measures including psychosocial educational support and education management in crises in the governorate Sana’a City and subordinated districts and schools, according to programme objectives and quality standards and in agreement with the project coordinator and the senior advisors responsible for the components and other advisors.
- planning and implementing project interventions in Sana’a city in close cooperation and agreement with the project coordinator and the senior advisors responsible for the components and other advisors.
- implementing daily operational aspects of all issues related to program interventions (qualification of school personal, school development, education management in crises and psychosocial educational support in Sana’a city: counselling, training, school visits, meetings etc).
- providing professional advisory services to the respective partners in the various education institutions in cooperation and agreement with the project coordinator, senior advisors and advisors.
- maintaining functional and trustworthy working relationships to all partners and, a good flow of communication and information between all involved institutions and partners in Sana’a City and within QEIPII at all levels
- quality monitoring of programme activities in Sana’a City
- documentation of results and experiences from governate Sana’a City
- knowledge management and exchange of experiences within QEIPII
- ensuring the quality of technical, administrative and financial processes and documents in compliance with the GIZ rules and regulations
- frequently reports on the implementation of activities and results.
The Advisor performs the following tasks:
- assists and monitors the development and implementation of project/programme plans and activities in close consultation with QEIPII management, senior advisors and counterparts
- coordinates and organises all programme activities and work at the governorate (district and school) level
- deals with the preparation and implementation of workshops, seminars and other events on issues connected with the programme’s area of activity
- advises schools and administration staff on governorate and district level in all matters related to the programme objectives
- ensures that all monitoring activities in the governorate of Sana’a and subordinated districts and schools are fully documented
- manages the QEIPII office on governorate level (finances and equipment) in coordination with QEIPII central office
- supports cooperation, regular contact and dialogue with partners from Sana’a City, assists with PR work and cooperates with local communities, relevant organisations, non-governmental agencies and individuals on governorate/ district level and with other projects to improve and maintain good working relationships
- communicates local interests and efforts, forwards these and encourages sharing ideas and information for the benefit of the programme
- develops and maintains contact with all important stakeholders
- provides technical assistance to local and international experts
- ensures knowledge management: collects, processes and distributes relevant information, monitors communication and interaction between de-central government institutions, NGOs and society through analyses of the media, direct dialogue, participation in meetings and seminars etc.
- ensures knowledge transfer to programme information
- draws up reports and presentation documents
- prepares appropriate input for various programme reports including annual reports, and contributes to the other reports required by the programme manager and GIZ Head Office
- assists with research activities and studies on political issues which benefit joint programmes.
- Is familiar with existing monitoring reports of the programme
- is familiar with general project planning and develops strategies for the implementation, management, and monitoring of programme activities
- ensures quality management, communication and documentation
- coordinates relevant project activities at local level in consultation with the QEIP management and the advisors and in cooperation with the partners, both as regards implementation and monitoring aspects
- supervises and supports all programme related activities in schools
- ensures continuous follow up and documentation of all programme related activities on school level (up to 67 schools) in the targeted districts
- compiles the relevant information for joint activities and assignments
- initiates regular dialogue and cooperation with partners and target schools
- supports actively donor coordination in the pilot area
- supports order management on behalf of GIZ (e.g. offer preparation, impact monitoring, project progress review, reporting)
- carries out other tasks for the programme, even if these are not explicitly cited in the job description at the request of the management.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- university degree in humanities, social science, education or related field (equivalent to BA or MBA).
- at least 3- 5 years’ professional experience in a comparable position, e.g. project management or related exp. with other international agencies
- experience in the field of education or high commitment to education issues
- experience as facilitator
- good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- strong managerial and organisational competence, including reporting skills
- excellent communication skills within the Yemeni and international context
- stress resistance
- team work spirit
- willingness to travel regularly
- fluent written and oral knowledge of Arabic and English languages and a working knowledge of German would be an asset
- willingness to up-skill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
- holds valid driving license.
Please write the full subject line as indicated below, and send your application (cover letter) and CV in English and Arabic to the following:
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject Line: Application for Advisor (Education office – Sana’a city) Post
Deadline for receipt applications is: 17.01.2020
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Should you be invited for interview, you will be asked to present all certificates mentioned in your CV. You will also be asked to provide two relevant professional references to be contacted.