Ended Finance & Administration Manager
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an independent, neutral organization ensuring humanitarian protection and assistance for victims of war and armed violence. Please visit www.icrc.org for more information.
The ICRC is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of:
Finance & Administration Manager 1
Contract type : Open-ended
Number of Posts: 1 Post
Job Grdae: B2
Duty Station: Sanaá ( Norwegian Red Cross NorRC)
Finance & Administration Manager 1 is accountable for the integrity of financial and analytical accounting and for reporting from the field. S/he oversees all financial resources and administrative activities, such as management of premises and staff travel, and acts as Human Resources and/or Logistics Manager in the absence of a dedicated specialist.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Support the preparation of programme budgets for the Norwegian Red Cross’ support to HNS, together with Country and Regional Office staff.
- Prepare the NorCross Country Office budget in coordination with relevant Country Office staff.
- Perform budget analysis as and when required and revise the budget if relevant.
- Review vouchers to ensure compliance with the Norwegian Red Cross requirements and work with HNS to address gaps.
- Stamp payment vouchers and all supporting documents as “paid by Norwegian Red Cross “
- Perform accounting for the Country Office: Receive and control monthly expenditure overview and supporting documents before posting these into Agresso.
- Daily accounting for the Norwegian Red Cross Country Office in compliance with Norwegian Red Cross Operational Manual, including the Finance and Accounting Manual (FAM) and the Regulations for Financial Control.
- Prepare and present monthly financial reports to the Country Programme Manager
- Filing of documents according to guidelines in the Operational Manual/Finance and Accounting Manual.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of balance accounts related to the Office. Ensure that the reconciliations are checked and signed by the Country Programme Manager and sent to the regional office.
- Provide details of budget vs. actual expenditure to Country Programme Manager as and when required and give advice on financial matters to make appropriate decisions.
- Ensure that the accounting is done in compliance with the relevant back-donor requirements on financial issues/financial management.
- Ensure that the accounting is done according to deadlines set by HQ. Together with the Country Programme Manager, ensure control of the overall finance and accounting tasks at the Norwegian Red Cross Country Office. Inform HQ on any delays and/or changes.
- Prepare financial statements for interim and annual audit in line with the annual Audit Engagement Instructions from external auditor.
- Coordinate the interim and annual audit of all programmes accounted for via the Country Office.
- Support the Country Programme Manager in the implementation of internal and external audit recommendations (in accordance with the Country Office Plan of Action based on the Audit Management Letter).
- Communicate with Regional Office and HQ and obtain approval on the final Audit reports.
- Ensure that all project expenditure authorization process is done as per approved Accountability Matrix.
- Ensure that all procurements are in line with Norwegian Red Cross policy and procedures at the point of clearing the payments.
- Review and analyze the monthly financial analysis report prepared and take appropriate measures to clear issues of concern raised by the Country Programme Manager
- Responsible for the review the HNS returns, provide feedback where necessary to both Country Programme manager and the HNS in the areas of concern.
- Perform delegated responsibilities on all financial matters to ensure that internal control is in line and effective as required.
- Perform mid-year expenditure review against approved budgets.
- Ensure that programme advances to the HNS are controlled and cleared with acceptable documentation and vouchers.
- Work closely with the Host National Society/ to ensure timely and quality reporting of advances
- Provide support to the Country Programme Manager in rolling out the new financial working modality within the supported HNSs.
- Assist the Norwegian Red Cross Country Manager to ensure that Norwegian Red Cross Procurement guidelines, and if relevant further donor requirements, are adhered to (for procurement of goods and services) and alert Norwegian Red Cross Country Manager/RO/HQ if this is not the case. Consult HQ/Regional logistics team when relevant.
- Update the inventory list for the Country Office and Norwegian Red Cross residence every time there is a change, at least semi-annually. Make sure that every item is properly tagged.
- Maintain and update the Office Specific Information form for the Country Office.
- Make travel arrangements including tickets, visas, hotel bookings, office correspondences, minor purchases for Country Office staff and visitors.
- If relevant, sit in/advise the HNS Procurement Committee on major procurements in line with Norwegian Red Cross’s Procurement Guidelines and donor requirements.
- Liaise with HNS for HR, Admin and Logistics/Fleet related matters.
- Responsible for collection of time sheets from national staff of Norwegian Red Cross file.
- Review the hiring request and ToR’s from the requesting part of the organization, confirm budget availability and the list of people for the panel interview.
- Provide treasury management support to HNS by monitoring and ensuring sufficient cash flow.
- Administer the petty cash of the Norwegian Red Cross according to Norwegian Red Cross’s procedures.
- Prepare payments and ensure necessary signatures/approvals.
- Administer the petty cash according to Norwegian Red Cross’s procedures.
- Develop capacity of the finance team of the HNS headquarter and branches though continuous monitoring and feedback on finance related queries.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
- University degree in business administration, finance/accounting or human resources, or hospitality management.
- Diploma in accounting (CPA/CMA or similar) / internal audit (CIA or similar) an asset.
- Fluent command of written and spoken English and Arabic, French is an asset
- Computer literacy.
Professional Experience Required
- 3 years' confirmed practical experience in finance, management or human resources, including at least 1 year in financial accounting/controlling.
- Experience in an international working environment, abroad or with an international organization/development agency.
- People management
- Team work & Collaboration
- Representing the ICRC
- Beneficiary & Client focused
- Letter of Motivation in English
- C.V. in English (maximum 3 pages);
- Copies of the Academic Certificates, Work Certificates, and Letters of Recommendation if any.
Please send your applications by email to email@example.com
Indicating in the subject line: Finance & Administration Manager 1
Applications with no clear indication of the subject will not be considered
Deadline to send your application: 15.01.2020