Ended Logistic Assistant
Duration: One year
Reference : logistic ass#20-UNFPA
Yemen Alkhair for Relief and Development-(YARD)
Yemen AlKhair for relief and development foundation known as (YARD) is a national and nongovernmental foundation that was established in 2013, It is mainly working in field of Education, Wash & Sanitation, Food Security, Nutrition, Health, Protection, Shelter and social empowerment in all the Governorates of Yemen. We are seeking a national, highly qualified individual, to fill in logistic assistant to lead the foundation and implement its vision and strategy
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive materials and supplies, store them in assigned locations and distribute them according to YARD procedures
- Maintain records of all incoming and outgoing materials
- Supervise packing, loading and unloading of all materials
- Informs suppliers on short supplies and ensures all over/wrongly consigned goods are returned to suppliers.
- Ensure availability of storage space and maintain orderliness and cleanliness of the warehouse at all times
- Ensure safety and security of materials
- Ensure that only authorized staff are allowed to enter the warehouse and receive supplies or materials
- Maintains an up-to-date electronic record of all correspondence related to purchase orders, requisitions and Good Received Notes (GRN) and records.
- Prepare periodic stock reports and assist in carrying out periodic physical inventory checks.
- Conduct the Logistic Function to ensure timely and accurate processing and documentation of Procurement as described in the Field Procurement Manual. Support & Supervise future Procurement Officer/Assistant.
- Oversee use of the Electronic Operation System found in the Office in a Box.
- Conduct random Checks to ensure accuracy and quality.
- Monitor service contracts and overall contract management in Aljawf.
- Facilitate tender openings, as necessary.
- Work together with finance to ensure compliance and timely processing of payment according to Schedule.
- Oversee procurement of goods, commodities and services against fully approved and financially Reviewed purchase request.
- Daily coordination with operations and program staff on procurement activities;
- Ensure that the procurement department supports the programs efficiently and compliantly.
- full understanding of YARD Logistic policies and formats?
- Provide training to staff on these policies;
- Ensure that YARD’s Logistic activities are legal and moral.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree or Equivalent in related field;
- Minimum 2 years relevant work experience; Experience in the Humanitarian Field will be an advantage
skills and languages:
interested candidates should send their CVs in English with a cover letter to
firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title as the email subject. The code reference must be indicated in the email.