Project name : Emergency Livelihood Cash and Fishery Assistance to targeted highly vulnerable fishery-dependent in Brom Mayfa district of Hadhramaut governorate and Dubab district of Taiz governorate.
Work based on: Aden with frequent field visits to (Hadhramot and Taiz )
Job title : livelihoods officer
Duration : 12 months
FMF is implementing Livelihoods Assistance project targeting vulnerable people inn Hadhramot and Taiz governorates through providing cash plus fishery input in duration of 12 months. One of the new project team members is Livelihoods Project Officer who is responsible of most of project activities and s(he) will assist the project manager in all project activities which are the following :
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES:
- Lead the process of beneficiary selection as per the criteria set by the project.
- Community mobilization through establish community committees and coordinate with local authorities of the targeted district.
- Actively participate in conducting the monitoring and evaluation (M&E) in collaboration with the M&E officer
- Conduct frequent field visit
- Prepare and submit regular internal reports on all livelihoods activities and prepare external reports as per the donor format
- Build capacity of beneficiaries of livelihoods related activities
- Participate in livelihoods related assessment missions
- Capture lessons learnt from monitoring and evaluations, document success stories, and replicate successful projects and scale up.
- Conduct rapid assessment to identify specific operational village and carry out food security need assessments
- Design and print IEC material and banner
- Implement activities of the livelihoods project according to a plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by the Project Manager.
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement
- Provide regular activity progress reports to the project manager.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need.
- Ensure capacity building of, assistants & district coordinator.
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders at the governorate and district level.
- Supervise the implementation of all livelihoods activities with the technical support from the project manager.
- Develop timely and detailed monthly implementation plans for livelihood activities in close coordination with the teams and support departments.
- Review the achievements on a weekly basis, and provide feedback accordingly.
- In charge of the day to day guidance of the field staff making sure that projects implementation are in line with donor regulations and are done on time with quality.
- Follow up on a daily basis with the support department (finance, logistics, HR and administration) to guarantee the smooth running of activities that include movement planning, internal request, payments, HR, etc.
- Consolidate weekly and monthly activity progress reports and participate in the drafting of donor reports.
- Identify training needs of field staff and community committees and organize/facilitate training events as needed.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- He/she has to have bachelor degree
- At least 2 years of experience working as project manager in local or international NGOs.
- Experience in food security, agriculture or livelihoods, including experience in assessment, program design, evaluation, technical training, and support.
- An up-to date understanding of food security and livelihoods.
- Good computer skills.
- Familiarity with design and programming processes of different donors.
- Skills in technical report writing, designing and implementing of food security and livelihoods project.
- Must have excellent English written and oral communication skills.
- Accountability is required to develop and achieve activities.
Applicants should send a CV and covering letter, both in English, to Field Medical Foundation ( email@example.com ) with the title of the position you are applying for in the title of email.