Ended Project Finance Officer (1)
SOUL for Development is a national NGO, founded in February 1997, by a group of Yemeni professionals out of their desire to achieve a higher quality of life for Yemeni women and children, and contribute to the development process of the nation. Since its establishment it has implemented more than 50 programs and projects in health, nutrition, youth and NGOs capacity buildings, early childhood development, and relief for development. It is currently operating in Sana’a, Taiz and Dhamar governorates.
Job Title: Project Finance Officer (1).
Contract Type: Full Time.
Contract Duration: One year.
Start Date: As soon as possible.
The Finance Officer is in general responsible for:
- Ensure effective, efficient and accurate financial operations and administrative procedures.
- Deliver technical support and guidance to Programs
- Fulfil daily accounting tasks and assist in coordinating financial functions and services
- Produce relevant financial reports on a regular basis
- Ensures that all payments are made on a timely manner and in compliance with SOUL's policies and procedures as well as donor's guidelines and instructions.
- Ensures that all payments are in line with the requirements of the local Laws and regulations.
- Ensures timely, complete, accurate and proper recording of all the financial transactions.
- Assists in the preparation of the project budgets.
- Ensures that all financial transactions are sufficiently, and accurately supported by relevant supporting documents and duly approved by the appropriate authorized person.
- Reviews the budget line items before processing the payment to make sure the expense is duly approved and not exceeding the budget line item.
- Responsible for the periodic preparation of internal and external reports related to the project.
- Responsible for the periodic budget vs. actual variance analysis reports.
- Responsible for the project's cash management and cash forecast, and ensures timely collection of funds from the donors and proper management of funds according to the approved budget.
- Responsible for maintaining proper, accurate and complete fixed assets records.
- Keeps records for the project-related expenditures that cannot be billed to or collected from donors and share the records with relevant management members.
- Responsible for following up the status of advances, and loans and ensures timely liquidation.
- Keeps updated records of the existing cash and funds.
- Ensures that bank accounts are reconciled on a monthly basis.
- Review of project records and accounts, cross-check reports against budgets, investigate differences and any variances to projections and resolve.
- Ensures appropriate archiving system for financial documents.
- Review and process payroll and wages payments and ensures accurate and complete legal deductions.
- Conducts monitoring field visits and suggest improvements to the procedures and reports, if/when needed.
- Act as a single point of contact with other departments, and provides support to the project management/staff with respect to project financial matters.
- Facilitates the work of the internal and external auditors by providing all required supporting documents, clarifications, and analysis.
- Responsible for the monthly financial and accounting close.
- Any other duties assigned by the Finance Manager.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor degree in finance, or accounting.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience in financial/accounting field in NGOs
- Proven management skills and a competence in people management
- Advanced skills in MS Office applications, especially Excel.
- Strong command of Arabic and English languages
- Good communication skills
- Flexible to work long hours and weekends, if needed.
- Strong representation and negotiation skills
- Willingness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of SOUL.
- Ability to adhere to deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Qualified candidates are invited to fill their information and submit their CVs in the below link:
- Applications with no detailed information within the specified Form will not be considered.
- Due to the urgency of this appointment, selection processes would be on a rolling basis.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline for receiving applications is 23.01.2020