SOUL for Development is a national NGO, founded in February 1997, by a group of Yemeni professionals out of their desire to achieve a higher quality of life for Yemeni women and children, and contribute to the development process of the nation. Since its establishment it has implemented more than 50 programs and projects in health, nutrition, youth and NGOs capacity buildings, early childhood development, and relief for development. It is currently operating in Sana’a, Taiz and Dhamar governorates.
Job Title: Field Engineer (1).
Location: Taiz (Maqbanah, Ma’afer & Ash Shammayatayn Distracts).
Contract Type: Full Time.
Contract Duration: 10 Months.
Start Date: As soon as possible.
The consultant will carry out and complete this assignment under the supervision of the project’s manager.
- Provide engineering technical advice to SOUL and to the communities and local stakeholders.
- Undertake and provide the necessary support to SOUL for the fulfilment of the rehabilitation & construction activities of the project in accordance with SOUL and partner agreed standards. Among others, in the:
a) technical design and program of works (detailed engineering design),
b) preparation and compliance with the necessary permits and approvals,
c) contract preparation and procurement of the contractor and/or materials,
d) supervise and ensure quality in the construction, rehabilitation, commissioning and Oversee daily field operations.
- To report regularly, both verbally and in writing, to the Project Manager.
- Prepare and agree on a monthly work plan indicating activities and fieldwork based on project’s Work Plan.
- To ensure that gender and protection issues are fully taken into account and to ensure the participation of women in decision-making.
- To fulfill the foregoing, the consultant will have extensive, extended and frequent travel to the project sites
Qualifications & Experience:
- An academic background of Civil engineering. Computer drawing skills would be an advantage.
- Prior five- years experience in monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience in working in complex environments and large infrastructure and/or civil works, particularly in the field of construction technical project documentation development as well as construction supervision, understanding of monitoring processes, learning, adaptation and evaluation
- The ability to present concise reports, sometimes at short notice, reflecting the problems and possible solutions for particular situations with good written and spoken English. The consultant will be expected to have his/her own computer.
- Qualified candidates are invited to fill their information and submit their CVs in the below link:
- Applications with no detailed information within the specified Form will not be considered.
- Due to the urgency of this appointment, selection processes would be on a rolling basis.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline for receiving applications is 23.01.2020