Ended Logistics Coordinator
The Logistics Coordinator is responsible for overall implementation of the NRC Logistics systems and procedures for the Hodieda Area. The Logistics Coordinator shall work under guidance of the Area Support Manager to fulfill the objectives in accordance with NRC's mandate, policies and country specific strategy. The purpose of the position is managing and mentoring the logistics team, planning, organizing and coordination of logistics and procurement duties, functions and responsibilities to ensure efficient and effective delivery of goods and services in support of programme implementation.
Duties and responsibilities
- Day to day management of the logistics team.
- Implement NRC’s logistics systems and procedures at Country Office level.
- Ensure compliance and adherence to NRC logistics policies, handbooks, guidelines and donor requirements.
- Prepare and submit logistics reports and analysis.
- Ensure proper filing of all support documents.
- Support line manager in procedures and in budget and project planning.
- Ensure development and implementation of logistics systems and procedures.
- Provide anti-corruption, transparency and cost efficiency focus in all processes (e.g. in procurement, vehicle management, stock management and warehousing, and asset management).
- Ensure safe and efficient transport of staff and materials/goods.
- Responsible for overseeing logistical and procurement activities of the Country Office.
- Co-ordinate and manage the supply and logistics support for the Yemen of operations, including requisitioning, tendering, receiving, storing, issuing and delivering goods.
- Manage ongoing procurement and explore the options to further expand the potential procurement opportunities in the vicinities of the area of support.
- Responsible for fleet, warehouse and asset management in co-ordination with the Head of Support. Ensuring records of NRC assets (inventory list) and stock reports are updated for all offices and warehouses.
- Assist in coordinating an efficient and effective use of the NRC contracted fleet in complex operations in insecure environments.
- Represent NRC with local authorities, other NGOs, UN and relevant stakeholders on logistics related matters.
- Oversee production of the Logistics Report annexes and forward monthly to Head of Support.
- Responsible for appropriate logistical support being provided to all area offices.
- Responsible for overseeing the flow of information in regard to changes to procurement/logistics guidelines to the Head of Offices/ Program Officers and other staff in the field offices.
- Responsible for initiating market surveys to keep purchase committee members updated at all times regarding prevailing market costs.
The remaining of the responsibilities can be seen in the attached file.
- At least 2 years of procurement and logistics experience.
- Previous experience from working in complex, volatile contexts and remote management.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile.
- Ability to work independently and with limited supervision.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Experience from working as a Logistics in a humanitarian/recovery context OR high risk, remote, and/or complex environments.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic is essential.
- Security in high-risk environments, advisory or management experience is an asset.
- Working with people.
- Strategic thinking.
- Managing resources to optimize results.
- Managing performance and development.
- Initiating action and change.
We can offer
- Till the end of Dec 2020 with possibility of extension subject to funding availability.
- Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- Locals are highly encouraged to apply.