Ended ICLA Officer
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Implement delegated CC project portfolio according to plan of action.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist.
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement.
- Ensure that ICLA Project activities are implemented in accordance with approved proposals, donor requirements, NRC policies, international standards and local customs.
- Act as a focal person for needs assessment and beneficiary selection.
- Has oversight responsibility in ensuring smooth project cycle from implementation, project monitoring, verification of completion and evaluation.
- Lead project activities, giving advice and information to beneficiaries on the processes involved, awareness sessions and managing local authorities' capacity building programmes.
- Apply participative and inclusive process in project implementation and in promoting local capacities to help them wherever possible.
- Understand the situation, including the legal situation (according to national and international laws and principles), for displacement affected persons and migrants in Yemen.
- Assist in developing and implementing case management system and database of cases.
- Support preparing and updating of mapping of all service providers in the area of responsibility.
- Conduct information and counselling sessions on ICLA thematic areas for beneficiaries.
- Assist in conducting needs assessments for the selected target groups; including focus groups; questionnaires; surveys; and stakeholder interviews.
- Prepare documents containing legal and related information for target communities.
- Establish excellent relations with beneficiaries, including understanding the needs of beneficiaries through regular visits and frequent contact.
- Document findings of ICLA needs assessments; including preparation of reports and other relevant documents.
- Regularly meet with other relevant actors and stakeholders and coordinate work, including attending meetings in the field.
- Identify awareness-raising and outreach opportunities for ICLA work and assist in conducting sessions.
- Identify training needs for beneficiaries and stakeholders and, as relevant, prepare and conduct training.
- Assist in conducting research as required.
- Assist in strategic review; monitoring and evaluation activities and identification of other relevant ICLA activities.
- Collation of information on government and NGO policies pertaining to IDP's and monitors the general context through regular field access to identify issues affecting IDPs which relate to ICLA themes.
- Contribute to the development of NRC's Country strategy, action plan and activities plan and priorities in the ICLA sector.
- Supervise, evaluate and appraise ICLA Project Assistant (s) in Yemen.
Perform other relevant tasks as assigned by the Project Coordinator.
- University degree in law, social studies, development studies / other relevant field/the equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience with NGO, legal or international organization in the area of protection or human rights.
- Experience from working as a Protection Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Experience working with and implementing projects through local partners.
- Training skills.
- Reporting skills.
- Budget monitoring.
- Experience in research and data analysis.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position's responsibilities.
- Knowledge about own skills/profile.
- lawyers with proficiency in English" will be prioritized.
- Knowledge of the context in Yemen o Knowledge of the English and Local language.
- Experience working with government, local authorities, humanitarian actors, migrants host community and displaced populations (IDPs and Refugees).
We can offer
- Till the end of Dec 2020 with possibility of extension subject to funding availability.
- Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.