Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
DRC has been operating in the Middle East (ME) region for over a decade, running a combination of emergency, livelihood, protection and advocacy programmes through Country Offices (COs) in Yemen, Syria, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon and Turkey with a Regional Office (RO) in Amman.
DRC Yemen’s response
Throughout its nine field offices and a workforce of 450 staff, DRC upholds its main programmatic objectives to provide immediate and life sustaining assistance, to strengthen the protective environment, and to reduce displacement related risks and vulnerabilities by promoting self-reliance at household and community level.
About the job
IT Officer monitor and maintain the computer systems and networks of an organization. They may install and configure computer systems, diagnose hardware and software faults and solve technical and applications problems, either over the phone or in person. Organizations increasingly rely on computer systems in all areas of their operations and decision-making processes. It is therefore crucial to ensure the correct running and maintenance of the IT systems.
- Installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications;
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks;
- Monitoring and maintaining Internet networks;
- Monitor and maintain the LAN, Network Servers, Routers, Printers, LAN Points, Switches, Patch panels, Access points, Satellite Modem…to prevent faults occurring
- Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults;
- Troubleshoot internet issues in liaison with the relevant ISP.
- Perform local, clouds backups as scheduled, and ensure data integrity.
- Configure and update antivirus.
- Implement and support MicroTik firewall server for the office
- Develop solution for Disaster Recovery
- Export the weekly and monthly reports from the monitoring server and circulate to the relevant staff.
- Prepare a comprehensive monthly report of the CICT.
- Perform any other IT related assignment allocated within the speculated time.
- Assist with system upgrades and rollouts
- Assist with administration of users, access controls and computers
- Assist in maintaining operating systems, internet and email systems
- To be successful in this role we expect you to have A university Bachelor/Degree in IT, computer science or other related field
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- At least 2-4 year of experience in similar positions
- Fluency in both written and spoken English and Arabic is required.
- Ability to communicate and write clearly in English Solid computers skills (MS Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint).
- Ability to travel.
Contract length: 1 Year Contract, with possible extension.
Work place: Hajjah
Start date: 01/02/2020
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates; please refer to www.drc.ngo under Vacancies. This position will be placed at level (NMH2).
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV in English. Apply online on our link below. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: Jan 23rd, 2020. We expect to conduct interviews on Jan 26th, 2020.
For questions regarding the vacancy please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are facing problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo