Area Accountants (2)
CARE International is currently seeking Area Accountants they will undertake and complete all financial tasks and requirements, provide support services to staff and to projects.
Position: Two Area Accountants
Location: Taiz/ Turbah Office
The Area Accountants report to Area Finance Officer. they will undertake and complete all financial tasks and requirements, provide support services to staff and to projects.
Prepare all financial journals, reconciliation and PeopleSoft spreadsheets
- Prepare prepayment and accrual journals
- Record expenses in PeopleSoft using AP module and GL
- Prepare bank orders for transfers and payments
- Perform bank reconciliations
- Monitor cash account reconciliation
- Prepare bi-weekly financial reports to project managers and emergency team.
- Review payment vouchers and supporting documentation to ensure compliance with CARE’s financial guidelines
- Maintain advance vouchers and ensure the advances are acquitted in a timely manner
- Responsible for sub grant contracts (Work with CARE partners to ensure compliance with CARE’s financial guidelines)
- Perform monthly audits of the documents before sending them to Head office in Sana’a
- Maintain spreadsheet for Bank & cash
- Provide information about cash-on-hand and bank balances for any currency upon request by authorized staff
- File supporting financial documents
- Work with external auditor as required
- Coordinate with CARE Finance team during external and internal audits
Property management reconciliation
- Responsible for property management and reconciliation between the register and the CARE Yemen books
Provide administrative support
- Ensure a clean and efficient working area, as well as a co-operative and supportive working environment
- Organize supplies for needed events (stationary, refreshments, lunch, etc.)
- Provide Arabic-English translations as requested
- Bachelor Degree of Accounting
- Minimum 1 year of bookkeeping and accounting experience
- Experience in filing and safeguarding important documents
- Experience in managing and reconciling petty cash
- Knowledge of double entry accounting
- Familiar with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Able to work under pressure as part of a busy team
- Demonstrates a high level of interpersonal skills and patience
Comply with all relevant CARE policies and procedures with respect to child protection, workplace environment, employee code of conduct and all other related subjects.
Interested applicants should send a CV in (English) by January 23 , 2020 to email@example.com with the subject heading ‘Area Accountants – Taiz. Please do not apply unless you meet minimum application requirements, otherwise you will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.