Ended Health & Nutrition Officer
JOB Title : Health & Nutrition Officer
Deadline : 31 January 2020
Location : Aden
Duration of Assignment: 12 Months
Addition for Disasters Assistance & Development Organization (ADD)
ADD is non-profit non-governmental organization that started its activities in Yemen in 2017 aiming at provision of quality health care, nutrition, water and sanitation services, education and livelihood opportunities for every person in need through various programs and projects that provide humanitarian and development services to the community.
Under the direct supervision of the Programme Coordinator, the incumbent will perform the following tasks:
- Coordinate and represent ADD in technical meetings with MOPHP, GHO, DHO, Health and Nutrition Clusters and sub clusters;
- Ensure provision of MSP services based on technical guidelines in the targeted HFs;
- Work closely with the Health & Nutrition Program Coordinator to achieve program's objectives and targets effectively;
- Supervise, manage the day to day operations and provide technical support and assistance on health and nutrition aspects to the project’s field team;
- Ensure that community based activities such as, health education and nutrition activities are implemented as planned;
- Prepare regular (weekly, monthly and quarterly) work plans for the project;
- Monitor and report supply and rational use of medications and consumable supplies, and ensure the availability of drugs, medical supplies in the targeted health facilities;
- Provide regular updates on inventory of medical and non-medical items;
- Follow up, facilitate and coordinate the coordination meetings and awareness sessions at the community level together with field staff and community health volunteers;
- Prepare regular reports (weekly and monthly reports) for internal and external use on the ongoing project activities;
- Manage activity tracking sheets (trackers) to ensure targets and indicators are met;
- Ensure that Feedback and Complaint Mechanisms are in place and help beneficiaries become aware of them;
- Contribute in regular collection of project data to be submitted to the Health & Nutrition Program Manager, including statistical reports, case studies, and success stories.
- Comply with ADD policies and procedures with respect to code of conduct, child protection, equal opportunities, security and safety, and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Commit to the humanitarian principles of strict neutrality, impartiality and non-discrimination.
- Perform any other related tasks as required or assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Medical or Paramedical specialty with at least 5 years working experience in health and nutrition. Master’s Degree is preferable.
Experience and Skills
- Experience working with NGOs in project design and implementation in humanitarian context.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, experience in writing training report, project documentation, reporting and others relevant program information.
- Ability to work with different partners, local authorities, local organizations and NGOs, to develop and maintain positive relationships.
- Team working skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good knowledge of written Arabic and English
Qualified Yemeni candidates meeting the requirements are required to apply to email@example.com with the title of the position you are applying for in the title of the email. attaching a detailed CV & covering letter not later than 31 Jan 2020 COB. Shortlisted candidates would only be notified.