JOB Title : Administrative Assistant
Deadline : 31 Jan 2020
Location : Aden
Duration of Assignment: 12 Months
Addition for Disasters Assistance & Development Organization (ADD)
ADD is a non-profit non-governmental organization that started its activities in Yemen in 2017 aiming at provision of quality health care, nutrition, water and sanitation services, education and livelihood opportunities for every person in need through various programs and projects that provide humanitarian and development services to the community.
Under the direct supervision of the Administration and HR Manager, the incumbent will perform the following tasks:
- Support in maintaining confidential documents related to Operations and Programs Departments
- Process employees’ requests and provide relevant information.
- Prepare reports and presentations for internal communications.
- Provide orientations for new employees by sharing onboarding packages and explaining policies.
- Receive incoming calls and direct them to appropriate staff, make outgoing calls for the staff as appropriate.
- Organize and schedule appointments including plan meetings and take detailed minutes.
- Arrange for Workshops and Seminars.
- Provide secretarial support such as typing, takings minutes, drafting letters, and translation of English or Arabic documents etc.
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports. Develop and maintain a filing system.
- Order office supplies, stationery and generator fuel, research new deals and suppliers.
- Maintain ADD contact lists.
- Be responsible on all lease agreement and service contracts and liaise with Finance Unit to ensure timely payment of utilities, lease agreements, telephone bills, service contractors, hotel invoices, travel agency invoices, etc.
- Ensure office reception and guest house is well managed, organized and attended to, at all times, receiving guests, direct them, as well as receiving and dispatching calls (i.e. seating, visibility, notice board, tidiness, etc.)
- Day to day management of the office including direct supervision of cleaners/cooks/janitor, etc.
- Travel booking arrangements.
- Provide general support to visitors.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA).
- Proficiency in written and spoken English & Arabic languages
- Training courses in secretarial, computer and office management.
- Experience of not less than five years in the same field.
- Previous experience in an INGO is preferable.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft programs (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, etc.)
Qualified Yemeni candidates meeting the requirements are required to apply to email email@example.com with the title of the position you are applying for in the title of the email. attaching a detailed CV & covering letter no later than 31 Jan 2020 COB. Short listed staff would only be notified.