Job Title: RRM (Rapid Response Mechanism) Officer
Contract Duration: 12 Months
Application Deadline: Jan 20, 2020
ABOUT TYF :
Tamdeen Youth Foundation (TYF), is a local humanitarian Organization which is private, nonpolitical, non-denomination and non-profit making. Action to help people and vocation is to save lives by combating hunger, disease and those crises threatening the lives of vulnerable men, women and children. TYF currently operates in a number of governorates in Yemen where it has implemented projects in nutrition, food security, health, WASH and protection, and empowerment ,
Overall Purpose/Broad Function:
Under the supervision of the RRM Officer the RRM officer will contribute to the rapid response mechanism project to achieve day to day implementation of the RRM Project in Taiz Governorates particularly with the new IDPs. The post holder will ensure all activities implemented in timely manner and with high quality
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise and Implement delegated RRM project activities according to the plan of action and the official guidelines of RRM.
- Prepare and develop status reports and regular activity progress reports (by Consolidating weekly and monthly activity progress reports) as required by the RRM coordinator and the management.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore and asses new and better ways to assist and to have a creative modality to track the new IDPs and their settlements.
- Ensure capacity building of project distributers, field monitors and other RRM members, and transfer key skills.
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders at the field level.
- Supervise the implementation of all RRM activities with the technical support of the RRM coordinator.
- Develop timely and detailed monthly implementation plan of RRM activities in close coordination with the RRM coordinator, the RRM teams, and support departments.
- Review achievements and constraints in a weekly basis; and provide feedback accordingly.
- In charge of the day to day guidance of the RRM field staff making sure that the project implementations are in line with TYF technical guideline and donor regulations and are done on time with quality.
- Follow up on a daily basis with the support department (finance, logistics, HR and administration) to guarantee the smooth running of RRM activities that include movement planning, internal request, payments, HR…etc.
- Ensure that the security plan and procedure is adhered to in all operations, including staff movements…etc.
- Follow up all TYF RRM activities implemented in all the targeted areas.
- Identify training needs of RRM teams, community committees and all the service providers and casual enumerators, volunteers and organize/facilitate training events as needed.
- Assist with the training of the RRM field teams to ensure they have a solid understanding of the project technical design, implementation approaches, TYF & donor’s policies and tools, including M&E tools.
- Lead on stakeholder sensitization and maintain good working relationship with all stakeholders in the respective geographic areas.
- In close coordination with M&E team, ensure all monitoring and evaluating activities are carried out on time, and lessons learnt are shared and capitalized on.
- In collaboration with M&E, ensure that all RRM projects are monitored regularly, and data are collected on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
- Regularly visit the project sites to ensure that the implementation of activities is closely monitored and filed teams are appropriately supported.
- Bachelor’s degree in a development related field or its equivalent ,
Minimum 3 years of previous experience managing complex emergency programs for INGOs.
- Very good written English and ability to write good quality reports.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Self-motivated, results-driven and excellent sense of organization.
- Strong team management skills and ability to relate to and effectively motivate staff.
- Accountability is required to develop and achieve activities.
Interested candidates should send their CVs to below link :
not later than 20th Jan 2020 , putting the job title as the email subject to be considered.
Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment.