Ended Social Worker
INTERSOS Office YEMEN
National Staff Position
Position: Social Worker
Job site: Aden
Report to: Case Management Supervisor and Activity Coordinator
Status: Full-time Staff
General: The Social Worker will be responsible of carrying out PSS/PSFA activities and guarantee timely internal and external referrals to relevant services and follow-up of cases He / She should act according to the guiding principles of case management, using a survivor-centered approach, confidentiality, safety, do not harm and non-discrimination. He / She is responsible for ensuring that protection principles are understood, maintained and enforced.
INTERSOS is implementing a UNHCR funded project entitled: ‘Provision of life-saving protection services to IDPs and conflict affected PoCs in south Yemen’. The project will address some of the critical needs of IDPs and conflict-affected community in Taiz, Lahj, Aden, Hadramout as continuation and follow-up of the project carried out in 2019.
INTERSOS will support IDPs, Returnees and host communities/conflict affected local communities. The project will ensure: legal assistance, basic case management (providing PSS/PSFA and ensuring quality referral), and unconditional cash for the most vulnerable and high-risk cases. INTERSOS will conduct protection monitoring exercises in the targeted areas through a set of community-based protection monitoring teams (protection monitors combined with outreach volunteers from the IDP and host communities). The movements and needs of the IDPs will be constantly monitored and tracked and the proposed action might be redirected accordingly. Smart tools are used for information collection (household assessments and community level assessment) to better tailor assistance to IDPs and to be shared with other humanitarian partners. Eventually, local community will be empowered through support to Community Based Protection Network in hard to reach areas, which will flag protection concerns and function as a bridge between the communities and the services present on the ground.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Detect, counsel and follow up individual cases identified during assessments or referred internally or by other agencies, and assess their needs for financial or material assistance;
- Conduct assessment of vulnerable cases, including environmental, emotional, behavioural, and social factors as well as resources and strengths that impact the individual well-being;
- Conduct home visits to assess the living conditions of the cases;
- Refer cases internally for legal assistance, cash assistance or other services provided by INTERSOS, and discuss the cases with the Case Management Supervisor;
- Under the supervision of the Senior Social Worker, ensure coordination with the main service providers in the area of intervention for prompt referral, follow up, and information sharing;
- Conduct Need Assessment of the cases referred from the Protection Monitors;
- Ensure that data protection protocol is respected and ensure to keep complete and well-organized records;
- Carry out group PSS and life-skills sessions for PwSN, CP cases and GBV survivors or HHs members of PwSNs;
- Provide daily updates to the Senior Social Worker about new cases assessed;
- Participates in daily staff and internal meetings led by Senior Social Workers;
- Maintain confidentiality at all times and conduct all activities respectfully and in a way that is sensitive to the psychosocial needs of the case.
- Be available to provide emergency assistance and basic emotional support for urgent cases;
- Commit to participate to any other task in order to achieve the project overall objective;
- Always ensure confidentiality and conduct all activities respectfully and sensitively to beneficiaries and staff.
- Hold an BA in social work – social sciences
- At least 2 years of professional experience working as social worker in Yemen, in particular case management for PwSN, CP and GBV;
- Demonstrated familiarity with case management principles, standards and procedures, include relevant roll-out of SOPs for different protection typologies.
- Demonstrable experience in establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with different sectoral counterparts/referral pathways;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Excellent computer skills (proven computer literacy);
- Readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of INTERSOS
- Native Arabic – EXCELLENT written and spoken English
- Strong team spirit, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment
- Excellent analytical skills, observation and analysis capacity
- Attention to detail and structured way of approaching tasks
- Ability to plan ahead and output oriented
- Able to ensure quick quality delivery in stressful environment
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and respect line management
- Very strong interpersonal skills: strong communication and diplomatic skills
- Practical and problem-solver
- Ability to deal with heavy work pressure
- Deadline for submission of application: 21st January 2020
- Documents to be submitted: CV and Motivation Letter (incomplete applications will be not considered), in addition to contact details for minimum 2 reference persons (include position and relation)
- How to send the application: by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (applications delivered by hand will be not considered)
- Clearly mention the job and location "35XZ – Social Worker – Aden" that you are applying for in the subject of your e-mail!