Mental Health Officer(Governorate Level)
Position: Mental Health Officer(Governorate Level)
Reports to: Project Coordinator
Duration: Till November 30, 2020
ABOUT RI: Established in 1990, Relief International (RI) is a leading global humanitarian, non-profit organization committed to transforming adversity into renewal for the world’s most vulnerable populations. By partnering with communities on the front-lines, RI innovatively bridges the gap between immediate relief and long-term community development, providing them the tools and support they need to gain self-reliance.
The Mental Health Officer will support design and development of the foundations of mental health interventions for RI in Yemen and contribute for a culture and practice of high-quality Mental Health programming in emergencies.
This position is governorate based and will be based in Shabwah (1) and al Mahwit (1).
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports quality program design and implementation through research and documentation of best practices and approaches,
- Contributes to training curricula development and implementation of capacity building trainings
- Supports the development of guidance documents, operational procedures, case studies, models and other materials related to mental health and psychosocial support for internal and external dissemination
- Establishes and maintains an internal library of mental health resources
- Establishes and maintains a mental health community of practice among the different program staff
- Supports the development and implementation of staff wellbeing initiatives (as per RI duty of care policies)
- Supports development, monitor implementation, and analysis of mental health assessment tool for use with field offices to evaluate the level of mental health capacity per facility
- Supports the development and implementation of mental health workshops for external stakeholders and mental health for clinical staff in HF’s as needed, provides mental health technical support to the Yemen program
- Supports the development of training and awareness materials on mental health for staff at the WCFS, awareness teams and other RI Yemen program components.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Master’s degree or higher in mental health, psychology, social work, counseling or related field with post-licensure experience particularly in one of the four specializations: Clinical Psychology, Counselling Psychology, Social work (with additional psychological therapy qualification), Psychiatry (with additional psychological therapy qualification)
- Minimum of two years of professional experience in implementing emergency response programs in Yemen;
- Experience with emergency mental health/crisis interventions
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of global mhGAP guidelines and best practices
- Knowledge of mhGAP approaches in low resource and humanitarian contexts
- Research and/or monitoring experience preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, public speaking, and strategic planning skills required;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and respect for colleagues.
- Must be capable of working both individually and as part of a team;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, Outlook/Exchange, Windows operating systems
- Proficiency in Excel, SPSS, or another statistical analysis software preferred
- Excellent oral and written Arabic language communication skills required
- Advanced proficiency in oral and written English will be desirable
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to Click Here for submitting their application, the dead line for receiving the application Jan 22, 2020.Kindly indicate the Position and location in the subject. Application without clear subject will be excluded.
- Females Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted