Reports to: Mental Health Coordinator
Duration: Till November 30, 2020
Established in 1990, Relief International (RI) is a leading global humanitarian, non-profit organization committed to transforming adversity into renewal for the world’s most vulnerable populations. By partnering with communities on the front-lines, RI innovatively bridges the gap between immediate relief and long-term community development, providing them the tools and support they need to gain self-reliance.
Psychotherapists work with clients who are affected by difficulties such as depression, phobias, stress, anxiety, emotional and relationship problems, physical or psychosomatic disorders and behavioural problems.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess clients, utilizing the relevant assessment tools;
- Provide individual or couples, group and family counselling services to clients as necessary;
- Facilitate support groups;
- Develop and implement personalized treatment plans with clients and make modifications as necessary;
- Provide reports, and other progress reports, as needed;
- Ensure the timely and thorough documentation of cases in the RI database;
- Provide in-home counselling sessions as necessary;
- Provide crisis intervention and follow up support as necessary;
- Develop creative interventions based on needs presented by clients or community;
- Maintain updated case files for all clients;
- Support the development of guidance documents, operational procedures, case studies, models and other materials related to mental health and psychosocial support for internal and external dissemination
- Support the development and implementation of staff wellbeing initiatives (as per RI duty of care policies)
- Support development, monitor implementation, and analysis of mental health assessment tool for use with field offices to evaluate the level of mental health capacity per facility
- Support the development and implementation of mental health workshops for external stakeholders and mental health for clinical staff in HF’s as needed, provides mental health technical support to the Yemen program.
- Support the development of training and awareness materials on mental health for staff at the service delivery points, awareness teams and other RI Yemen program components
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Master’s degree or higher in mental health, psychology, social work, counseling or related field with post-licensure experience particularly in one of the four specializations: Clinical Psychology, Counselling Psychology, Social work (with additional psychological therapy qualification), Psychiatry (with additional psychological therapy qualification)
- At least 3 years of full-time practical experience in mental health, counseling, or clinical social work in a government agency or community-based organization
- Experience with emergency mental health/crisis interventions
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of global mhGAP guidelines and best practices
- Knowledge of mhGAP approaches in low resource and humanitarian contexts
- Research and/or monitoring experience preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, public speaking, and strategic planning skills required;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and respect for colleagues.
- Must be capable of working both individually and as part of a team;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, Outlook/Exchange, Windows operating systems
- Proficiency in Excel, SPSS, or another statistical analysis software preferred
- Excellent oral and written Arabic language communication skills required
- Advanced proficiency in oral and written English will be desirable
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to Click Here for submitting their application, the dead line for receiving the application Jan 22, 2020.Kindly indicate the Position and location in the subject. Application without clear subject will be excluded.
- Females Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted