UNITED NATIONS HIGH COMMISSIONER FOR REFUGEES
INTERNAL/EXTERNAL VACANCY NOTICE
Title of Position: Admin Assistant
Position Number: UNOPS
Category & Level: LICA-4
Location: CO Sana’a, Yemen
Effective date: As soon as possible
Duration: 6 months
Date of Issue: 14 January 2020
Closing Date: 23 January 2020
The Administrative Assistant will provide administrative assistance to the immediate supervisor and/or Head of the Office, and/or to the Unit as a whole to ensure that routine services and activities within the administrative domain are properly implemented. As per specific instructions, the incumbent may require liaising with other internal or external entities, to ensure effective delivery of services and achievement of objectives. The assignments are mostly standard tasks including limited interpretation of subject matter and information exchange between staff in the office, at the duty station and external officials of other institutions to ensure mutual understanding. The incumbent’s workload and the assignments will remain under constant guidance and direction of the supervisor.
The Administrative Assistant is a position within an office/Division/Bureau that requires basic knowledge of administrative rules, procedures as well as operational standards of a UNHCR office. The nature of certain administrative/personnel functions require discretion and confidentiality.
Within delegated authority, the Administrative Assistant will be responsible for the following duties: (These duties are generic and may not be carried out by all Administrative Assistant: please refer to the organizational context).
- Arrange appointments/meetings both internal and external, some involving high ranking officials.
- Receive visitors, place and screen telephone calls, respond to routine requests for information and take notes at meetings as and when required.
- Maintain hard and electronic office files and records; classify and code material relating to a variety of topics;
- Receive, review, sort and distribute all incoming and outgoing correspondence, office pouch and material, highlight priority items and attach necessary background information. Maintain a follow up system.
- May be required to maintain/update confidential files.
- Draft routine correspondence, memoranda and reports. Format more complex documents by using the appropriate technology.
- Facilitate implementation of Personnel administrative formalities and processing of documents in relation to official travels, leaves and movements of staff. Support staff members with processing personnel-related documentation.
- Maintain office inventory and stocks of office supplies. Monitor the asset management track to ensure all admin procurements and disposal of UNHCR property are done and recorded accurately.
- Assist the supervisor to monitor and record expenditure/disbursement of funds.
- Following instructions from the supervisor make logistic and administrative arrangements for seminars, workshops, and briefings that may be required by the Office/Division.
- May regulate and monitor routine provision of services and/or shifts from providers, as and when applicable;
- Monitor office/compound facilities and equipment and in consultation with the supervisor take appropriate action to ensure proper functioning at all time.
- Perform other related duties as required
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
4 years relevant experience with High school diploma
Certificates and/or Licenses
Business Administration, Finance, Office Management, Human Resources or other related field,
Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- Applicant who meets the minimum requirements are eligible
- External candidates must be legally present in Yemen at the time of application, recruitment and hire.
Interested candidates must fill the NEW Personal History (P.11) form and the supplementary Bio Data table (Excel) (Attached below). Completed P11 form and summary table should be submitted along with a motivation letter and CV by e-mail to the below email address.
The email subject line MUST clearly indicate Last Name, Title of the position and VA Ref. number (YEMSA/HR/2020/05)stated on this announcement. Applications missing any of the above elements, and not duly completed, will unfortunately not be considered.
Associate HR Officer
Tel. contact: +967-1-469771/2
Fax: +967-1-469 770
Shortlisted candidates may be required to sit for a test. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. No late applications will be accepted.
UNHCR is committed to diversity and welcomes applications from qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).