UNITED NATIONS HIGH COMMISSIONER FOR REFUGEES
INTERNAL/EXTERNAL VACANCY NOTICE
Title of Position: Field Associate
Position Number: UNOPS
Category & Level: LICA-6
Location: FO Ibb, Yemen
Effective date: As soon as possible
Duration: 6 months
Date of Issue: 14 January 2020
Closing Date: 27 January 2020
The Field Associate is normally supervised by the (Snr) Field Officer or Head of Office and performs a variety of functions related to Field activities within the office. The supervisor defines general work objectives and provides necessary advice and guidance.
The incumbent keeps frequent internal contacts with staff members in the same duty station to exchange information, to establish understanding of respective needs; to ensure provision of services and resolution of problems and with the external contacts generally with officials of national and international institutions, leaders of the refugee community, local population and/or Implementing Partners (IPs) on subject matters which may be of importance to the Organization.
- UNHCR’s policies, standards and procedures are constantly and coherently applied in the area of responsibility (AoR).
- The needs of persons of concern in the AoR are assessed and analysed in a participating manner and using an Age, Gender and Diversity (AGD) perspective to form a firm basis for planning
- Monitor the situation in the AoR, collect data and other information relevant to UNHCR and report to the supervisor accordingly.
- Monitor the implementation of UNHCR programme including the delivery of all assistance items and monitoring of infrastructure.
- Undertake regular visits to various sites in order to assess needs of persons of concern, with particular attention to vulnerable groups.
- Keep regular contacts with local authorities and implementing partners as requested by supervisor.
- Act as interpreter when required.
- Contribute to the preparation of status and progress reports by providing info, preparing tables, etc.
- Assist in administrative tasks as required such as preparation of reports and meeting authorized personnel and assisting them during field missions.
- Inform and act on the reports received on persons of concern within the refugee community or from the local authorities.
- In coordination with implementing partners, assist in the reception, registration and provision of assistance to persons of concern to UNHCR.
- Undertake other relevant duties as required.
- Negotiate with local authority counterparts, partners and populations of concern.
- Represent UNHCR in physical monitoring of projects
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
6 years relevant experience with High school diploma
Certificates and/or Licenses
- Post-secondary training/certificate in Business Administration, Law, Political Science or related field.
- Computer Skills
- Excellent of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- Applicant who meets the minimum requirements are eligible
- External candidates must be legally present in Yemen at the time of application, recruitment and hire.
Interested candidates must fill the NEW Personal History (P.11) form and the supplementary Bio Data table (Excel) (Attached below). Completed P11 form and summary table should be submitted along with a motivation letter and CV by e-mail to the below email address.
The email subject line MUST clearly indicate Last Name, Title of the position and VA Ref. (YEMSA/HR/2020/03) number stated on this announcement. Applications missing any of the above elements, and not duly completed, will unfortunately not be considered.
Associate HR Officer
Tel. contact: +967-1-469771/2
Fax: +967-1-469 770
Shortlisted candidates may be required to sit for a test. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. No late applications will be accepted.
UNHCR is committed to diversity and welcomes applications from qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).