Ended Senior Field Assistant
UNITED NATIONS HIGH COMMISSIONER FOR REFUGEES
INTERNAL/EXTERNAL VACANCY NOTICE
Title of Position: Senior Field Assistant
Position Number: UNOPS
Category & Level: LICA-5
Location: FO Hodeidah, Yemen
Effective date: As soon as possible
Duration: 6 months
Date of Issue: 14 January 2020
Closing Date: 27 January 2020
The Snr Field Assistant is normally supervised by the (Snr) Field Officer/Associate and performs a variety of functions related to Field activities within the office. The supervisor defines work processes and provides regular advice and guidance.
The incumbent keeps frequent internal contacts with staff members in the same duty station to exchange information and with the external contacts generally with officials of national and international institutions, leaders of the refugee community, local population and/or Implementing Partners (IPs) on routine subject matters under the direction of the supervisor.
- UNHCR office has sufficient administrative and local support for the field activities thus better able to meet the needs of persons of concern.
- UNHCR’s policies, standards and procedures are constantly and coherently applied in the area of responsibility (AoR)
- Assist in monitoring the implementation of UNHCR programme including the delivery of all assistance items and monitoring of infrastructure.
- Assist in administrative tasks as required such as preparation of reports and meeting authorized personnel and assisting them during field missions.
- Act as interpreter in the exchange of routine information, contribute to related liaison activities and respond directly to routine queries.
- Collect data and other information relevant to UNHCR and report to the supervisor accordingly.
- Keep regular contacts with local authorities and implementing partners as requested by supervisor.
- In coordination with implementing partners, assist in the reception, registration and provision of assistance to persons of concern to UNHCR.
- Follow up, on a regular basis, the overall situation of persons of concern in camps and other areas where they have been accommodated and report accordingly.
- Undertake other relevant duties as required
- Liaise with local authority counterparts, partners and populations of concern.
- Direct incidents and problems to the supervisor when they cannot be resolved at their level
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
5 years relevant experience with High school diploma
Certificates and/or Licenses
- Post-secondary training/certificate in Business Administration, Law, Political Science or related field.
- Computer Skills
- Excellent of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- Applicant who meets the minimum requirements are eligible
- External candidates must be legally present in Yemen at the time of application, recruitment and hire.
Interested candidates must fill the NEW Personal History (P.11) form and the supplementary Bio Data table (Excel) (Attached Below). Completed P11 form and summary table should be submitted along with a motivation letter and CV by e-mail to the below email address.
The email subject line MUST clearly indicate Last Name, Title of the position and VA Ref. (YEMSA/HR/2020/04) number stated on this announcement. Applications missing any of the above elements, and not duly completed, will unfortunately not be considered.
Associate HR Officer
Tel. contact: +967-1-469771/2
Fax: +967-1-469 770
Shortlisted candidates may be required to sit for a test. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. No late applications will be accepted.
UNHCR is committed to diversity and welcomes applications from qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).