Ended Short Term Interpreter
Save the Children in Yemen is looking for eligible candidates for the position of
Short term interpreter - Country Office –Roving field
Duration: One Month
The objective of this position is to support real time review (RTR) team leader in interpretation and discussions during field data collection ( Key Informants &/ or FGDs). The chosen candidate will also provide support in translating tools, transcripts and other evaluation documents as requested, mainly from Arabic to English or English to Arabic.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Translation from English to Arabic and vice versa of save the children’s translating tools, transcripts and other evaluation documents.
- Interpret discussions during Key Informants interviews &/ or FGDs
- Support and Coordinate with all stockholders to ensure smooth implementation of assessment and field visits.
- Provide support in organising and communicating findings.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor degree in Posologist, social scientist (or equivalent qualification &/or experience)
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor degree in a relevant field
- Fluency in both English and Arabic, both written and verbal is a must
- A minimum of two years’ experience as a translator in an NGO environment or private sector
- Exceptional organisational, prioritisation and time management skills
- Excellent computer skills including word processing and presentation
- Demonstrated credibility with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels of an organization
- Ability to submit a timely and accurately reports and data
- Good communication skills and ability to support and deal with different staff member from different functions, donors and partners
- Excellent team player
- A commitment to the values and principles of Save the Children.
All CVs to be sent through our account firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is open to Yemeni nationals only
We are looking for both men and women from Yemen with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children in YemeAll applicants will be subject to Save the Children’s Child safe guardian Policy and Reference Checking Process.