Nutrition Data Management Assistant This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Job Title: Nutrition Data Management Assistant
Band/ Level / Grade: 9 A
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees required to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
Scope of Work:
The IRC Yemen Country program has been established in 2012, and currently is implementing coordinated Health, Nutrition, Environmental Health (WASH), Economic Recovery and Development, Women Protection and Empowerment and Education programming in eight governorates. It operates with main offices in Sana’a and Aden. Other subfield offices include Abyan, Hodeida and Al Dhale’a, with Al Dhale’a office also covering Lahj, and Abyan office covering activities in Shabwah.
He or She will be responsible for the quality and accuracy of nutrition program data in Aden, Abyan and Shabwah.
1: Ensure that each field site has the right tools to compile reports as needed.
- Ensure that all data collected from the supported field sites of Aden, Abyan and Shabwah are entered and compile the data of Al Dhale’a and Lahj from Al Dhale’a Data Assistant in the database designated on a weekly/monthly or quarterly basis or following the need/request of the officer and Nutrition Manager.
- Provide timely feedback to the staff of health facilities related to data quality issues such as accuracy and completeness so it will be corrected.
- Provide orientation and training to Nutrition staff on data collection/ monitoring/ survey tools as needed.
2: Complete data entry, compiling and share reports on time as per agreed deadlines.
- Assists in preparing the Community Management of Acute Malnutrition (CMAM) data as the need arises for donor reports and project proposals.
- Undertake visits to IRC supported health facilities for checking on data quality, job training and spot feedback as relevant.
- Keep a record of the nutrition data and share it with relevant staff as needed.
- Attend IRC orientation, training/workshops when required and/or arranged by the program.
- Providing timely and detailed feedback whenever identifying any significant gap in the program activities.
- Systematically screens and cross-checks internal and external reports, situational reports, information and communication material for accuracy and consistency.
- Ensure to detail all means of verifications for Nutrition program activities for a range of different donors.
3: Perform any other task needed and requested by the supervisor.
Requirements (Qualifications, Skills and Abilities)
- Health, Nutrition, or Epidemiology Diploma background in data entry or monitoring and evaluation field.
- Additional Nutrition training or education in computer science is preferred.
- High dedication to time and deadlines.
- Excellent digital literacy: MS Word and especially Excel.
- Required to be able to work under minimal supervision.
- Driven and able to balance multiple tasks, commitments, and to work flexibly in a team.
- Good report writing and oral communication skills in Arabic. The ability to speak and write in English will be an added advantage.
- Ability to work in a remote area.
- Should contribute to positive attitudes and team spirit.
- Should have good communication skills.
- Should be flexible.
Functional skills and knowledge:
- Remains productive under pressure.
- Demonstrates a detailed and efficient approach to work.
- Works collaboratively with team members to achieve results.
- Relates and works well with people of different cultures, gender, and backgrounds.
Other skills (e.g., I.t.):
- Computer knowledge is needed.
- Proficiency in Arabic.
- Shown understanding of English would be an advantage.
The IRC and IRC workers carry out to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and carries out policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل