Senior Finance Assistant This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Open to Internal and External Candidates
- Position: SENIOR FINANCE ASSISTANT
- Organizational Unit: Finance
- Duty Station: Yemen, Sana’a
- IOM Classification: G 6
- Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term (SST) Graded Contract, 6 Months (With a possibility of renewal)
- SVN No. : SVN2022.099
- Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Closing Date: Wednesday, 30th November 2022
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Organizational Context and Scope:
Working under the overall supervision of the Resource Management Officer, and the direct supervision of the Finance Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for the preparation of the accounts, financial analysis, budgets and other financial issues in accordance with IOM Financial Regulations, Rules and procedures.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Verifies the Payment Requests with the supporting documents before submission to RMO for final verification/endorsement. Verifies invoices and ascertains that the equipment, supplies or services they refer to were duly received before proceeding with the Payment Request
2. Prepare financial reports for the assigned projects through monthly accounting statements and finance monitoring analysis. Ensure fund allocations are efficiently disbursed with regard to the staff and office costs of the budgets of assigned Projects whilst ensuring the eligibility to be charged to those projects.
3. Analyze the field offices accounts and post it to the SAP system. Provide feedback and corrective measures on the shortcomings of the financial documentations and the statements of sub offices of IOM Yemen and provide on work training for admin/finance focal points in the field.
4. Preparing interim and final financial reports of assigned projects and coordinate with DRM Emergency Support, ROs, RAS and other missions for endorsement.
5. Prepare project’s budget and mission budget submission package (BSP): perform budget availability checks for assigned projects; Ensure the internal control measures are in place with regard to making payments and access control measures are taken with regard to financial documentation.
6. Ensure vendor accounts are monitored and cleared on a timely manner. Assist in clearing and maintaining the control accounts in the SAP system periodically.
7. Ensure the accurate performance of bank reconciliation to the respective bank GL’s on a timely manner.
8. Undertake quality control checks on the monthly accounts, assist the month end accounts closure and ensure the deadlines are adhered to.
9. Providing inputs for local and international salary projectization before payroll is processed each month.
10. Assist Project Managers in issues concerned with financial monitoring.
11. Liaison with project external auditors and IOM internal auditors in conducting such audits and handle the audit queries raised by donors for the completed projects.
12. Clear checklist queries/ project review queries forwarded by RAS and direct coordination/respond to queries raised from DRM Emergency Support, RAS, RO, HQ and other missions.
13. Assist in coordinating and monitoring work of other staff in the unit.
14. Take duty travels to other IOM offices and places as and when required.
15. Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree /or Qualified CPA (K) or ACCA or related fields of study.
- At least 5 years professional and supervisory experience in all areas of finance and common services preferably with an international organization.
- Prior experience in usage of SAP an added advantage.
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills with proven ability to work effectively and harmoniously with a team of colleagues.
- Mature individual, able to work independently, under pressure, able to maintain accuracy, paying attention to details, meeting deadlines and working with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency in computer skills, especially in MS Office products (Excel, Outlook, Word etc.)
- Effectively applies knowledge of relevant financial discipline
Develops / follows internal control procedures to prevent fraud and mismanagement
LANGUAGES: Fluency in English and Arabic is required.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Accepts and gives constructive criticism
- Follows all relevant procedures, processes, and policies
- Meets deadline, cost, and quality requirements for outputs
- Monitors own work to correct errors
- Takes responsibility for meeting commitments and for any shortcomings
- Identifies the immediate and peripheral clients of own work
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with clients
- Identifies and monitors changes in the needs of clients, including donors, governments, and project beneficiaries
- Keeps clients informed of developments and setbacks
- Contributes to colleagues' learning
- Demonstrates interest in improving relevant skills
- Demonstrates interest in acquiring skills relevant to other functional areas
- Keeps abreast of developments in own professional area
- Actively shares relevant information
- Actively shares relevant information
- Clearly communicates, and listens to feedback on, changing priorities and procedures
- Writes clearly and effectively, adjusting wording to the intended audience
- Listens effectively and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
Creativity and Initiative
- Actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Expands responsibilities while maintaining existing ones
- Persuades others to consider new ideas
- Proactively develops new ways to resolve problems
Leadership and Negotiation
- Convinces others to share resources
- Actively identifies opportunities for and promotes organizational change
- Presents goals as shared interests
- Articulates vision to motivate colleagues and follows through with commitments
- Provides constructive feedback to colleagues
- Identifies ways for their staff to develop their abilities and careers
- Provides fair, accurate, timely, and constructive staff evaluations
- Uses staff evaluations appropriately in recruitment and other relevant HR procedures
- Holds directly reporting managers accountable for providing fair, accurate, timely, and constructive staff evaluations
Planning and Organizing
- Sets clear and achievable goals consistent with agreed priorities for self and others
- Identifies priority activities and assignments for self and others
- Organizes and documents work to allow for planned and unplanned handovers
- Identifies risks and makes contingency plans
- Adjusts priorities and plans to achieve goals
- Allocates appropriate times and resources for own work and that of team members
- Ensures application of institutional financial policies and guidelines
- Advocates incorporation of financial considerations into processes and procedures
- Masters subject matter related to responsibilities
- Identifies issues, opportunities, and risks central to responsibilities
- Incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and promotes equal gender participation
- Persistent, calm, and polite in the face of challenges and stress
- Treats all colleagues with respect and dignity
- Works effectively with people from different cultures by adapting to relevant cultural contexts
- Knowledgeable about and promotes IOM core mandate and migration solutions
- Actively contributes to an effective, collegial, and agreeable team environment
- Contributes to, and follows team objectives
- Gives credit where credit is due
- Seeks input and feedback from others
- Delegates tasks and responsibilities as appropriate
- Actively supports and implements final group decisions
- Takes joint responsibility for team's work
- Learns about developments in available technology
- Proactively identifies and advocates for cost-efficient technology solutions
- Understands applicability and limitation of technology and seeks to apply it to appropriate work
- Establishes realistic resource requirements to meet IOM needs
- Builds stable strategic alliances with relevant parties
- Identifies sources of and secures funding from external stakeholders to meet the needs of IOM
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, national of the country with automatic right to live and work in the country, and security clearances.
- Females with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
- As part of the application process, all candidates, regardless of the type or duration of the contract, must disclose any known relative who works for IOM or is engaged with IOM in any capacity.
- Non-compliance with the relative disclosure requirement can constitute a basis for withdrawal of offer of employment, or if the employment has begun, terminating the employment contract and/or disciplinary action.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل