Management Information System Program Officer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Save the Children in Yemen is looking for eligible candidates for the positions of:
Management Information System (MIS) program Officer – Based in Taiz
Management information system program Officer will work as a Taiz office level in emergency situation. The MIS program Officer will be expected to support health and Nutrition department to keep the System improving and will ensure innovation on areas including monitoring, accountability initiatives, support evaluations and compile field data. The post holder will be expected to mentor and/or capacity building existing staff.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to; Technically all MIS team at Health and Nutrition department report to him
Reporting to: H&N PM
Budget responsibility: None.
Programme Support at field level:
- Manage and led the H&N department update including IPTTs, output tracker, emergency output tracker, IMPACT is up-to-date.
- Making sure that reporting to supervisors with regarding on the monthly total people reached
- Monitor and analyse information and data of programs and assess their performance to learn ways of enhancing them
- Produce reports from monthly program updates, monitor the quality of data and means of verification of the program activities, and upload it to the online SharePoint.
- Ensure the activities of the programs database mapping are up-to-date and generate frequent Maps, dashboard, reports of that.
- Support others in the daily use of data systems and ensure adherence to legal and organization standards
- Ensure digital databases and archives are protected from security breaches and data losses.
- Establish rules and procedures for data sharing, data collection, data managements with MEAL and program team members, cluster and donors including other relevant external stakeholders
- Ensure the IMPACT, IPTT is updated with all awards and locations are up-to-date.
- Responsible to make sure that all soft and hard documents of the Means of verification are ready and available upon auditors’ request, in coordination with the MEAL and program team.
- Gather, combine, and analyse business
- Troubleshoot data-related problems and authorize maintenance or modifications
- Assist with reports and data extraction when needed.
- Troubleshooting and validation of incidents on report production; Act as the front-line support staff for any user who encounters issues on the online system and escalate any identified bugs to H&N PM.
- Regular traveling to the field and conducting data quality assurance, verification, and capacity building for the team.
- Providing general administrative support.
- Provide technical and analysis support to the H&N team in variance tools and data when required.
- Formulating management techniques for quality data collection to ensure adequacy, accuracy and legitimacy of data.
- Supervise data collection in the appropriate tools and eventually organize dedicated training and support the mission staff when required.
- update the online project-on track platform with all output and outcomes indicators for all projects and result reporting tracker are up-to-update.
- ensure the monthly report is shared on time using the platforms and template.
- In cooperation with H&N team, Review and compare the data in final donor reporting with all sources of information and ensure all of the relative means of verifications are archived.
- Setting up appropriate and easily accessible database system for storing related data sets and information products;
- Routine follow up on the data management and analysis, and regular update and reporting on the progress (challenges, achievements, etc) to H&N PM and Coordinators.
- Ensure reporting structures are visually and friendly accessible for use in evidence-based decision making which generates statistical reports, graphs, maps, and follow up on trends, including descriptive analysis and geographic data;
- Create new ideas on new databases design if required
- Work with H&N PM and coordinators to train the relevant staff on data accuracy and any new database
- Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Creates a managerial environment to lead, enable and maintain our culture of child safeguarding
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a country wide/global scale
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Builds and maintains effective relationships with colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity and different people’s perspectives, able to work cross-culturally.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Cuts away bureaucracy and encourages an entrepreneurial approach
- honest, encourages openness and transparency, builds trust and confidence
- displays consistent excellent judgement
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
- Bachelor degree in statistics or computer science
- good knowledge at English language
- 3-5 years’ experience working in international development and/or humanitarian work, and experience of working on data management
- Experience of both qualitative and quantitative data collection
- Knowledge of project cycle management.
- Relevant experience in indicator selection, quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis methodologies, database management, computer skills, including MS Office (Proficiency in Word, Excel is required; familiarity with R, Stata, SPSS or other data analysis’ packages are strongly preferred (Power BI), data visualization.
- Experience with online data collection tools (KoBo, ODK) is required
- Good organisational skills, attention to detail and reporting in a timely manner.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and relationship building skills.
- Ability to interact well with people (including children) and proven experience of building strong relationships with community members
- A confident, flexible and initiative-taking attitude with the ability to work independently, to be proactive in working with others.
- Commitment to and understanding of SCI’s aims, values and principles
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Save the Children International seeks to always be a child safe organization through fulfilling its obligations to the community and through programme implementation carried out by the organization for safeguarding children and to improve the living standards of the child.
Note: “Internal staff will always be given a priority in the shortlisting process and filling the advertised roles and whenever we could not find a fit-to-role internal staff and being shortlisted, then we will look at the external applications”
“Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer. Women are strongly encouraged to apply”
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل