Ended Area Driver
ACTED Organization Summary:
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential. ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 450 projects a year reaching over 8 million beneficiaries with 400 international staff and 4,300 national staff.
ACTED has been present in Yemen since early 2012 and has been anchored to the governorates of Hodeidah, Raymah, Ibb, Ad-Dhalee, Saadah and Al Jawf.
Through its comprehensive programming ACTED has been covering the full continuum of emergency, rehabilitation and development in Yemen. Emergency activities have focused in the sectors of Agriculture & Food Security (e.g. distribution of crop seeds, and livestock), Economic Recovery and Market Systems (e.g. income-generating activities such as cash for work), and WASH (e.g. rehabilitation of water supply facilities, hygiene promotion). ACTED’s food security activities include distribution of food vouchers, which are a key component of ACTED’s interventions in the country.
ACTED Organization is pleased to announce the below job vacancy with the following details:
Position: Area Driver.
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Contract Duration: 3 months, renewable contract depending on budgeting and performance.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Check that the logbook and the mileage are matching.
- Pick and drop of ACTED staff/Guest at airports and borders and make sure of the following details:
- Full Name.
- Port of arrival (border/airport)
- Arrival Means (car for border /Flight details for airport pickups)
- Arrival Time.
- Pick up point.
- Check that the logbook is filled correctly.
- Fill the daily check list form.
- Adjust the seat, mirrors and check safety belt.
- During the handover of the car, check every day.
- The lights and indicators.
- The vehicle appearance.
- The state of each tire.
- Make sure that the fuel is enough for your trip at least.
- Report any malfunction to the logistician immediately in a writing.
- Update daily the log-book for each trip (km start-km stop – hour departure time –arrival to destination) get it signed by passenger.
- Ensure you have spare tire in a good condition.
- Ensure you have standard mechanical tools at your car, to maintain your car during a journey.
Safety and security:
- The safety of passengers is driver’s main responsibility.
- Respect and obey Traffic rule and Regulations.
- Respect the limits, and reduce the vehicle speed when reaching places like markets, schools, places, etc.
- Keep a responsible distance between the vehicle and the one in front of the vehicle.
- Respect traffic lights, and give priority in circles or after stop signs.
- Respect the travel timing. It’s the driver’s responsibility to alert the passenger about the time needed for each journey. If the passenger is late, it’s NOT the driver responsibilities to arrive on time.
- Report any incident or accident immediately to the logistician. Use the accident report declare any accident.
- After dropping a passenger, the diver is responsible to check that nothing was forgotten inside the vehicle.
- Clean the vehicle by end of the day.
- The use of the vehicle for private needs or the transportation of persons not involved in ACTED without the authorization of coordination is STRICTLY FORBIDDEN.
- Valid Yemeni national ID & driving license
- Completion of secondary school education
- One or two years of work experience as a Driver, preferably in an international organization
- Fluent or comfortable in spoken and written English.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Discipline and punctuality
- Resilience and patience
- Appropriate appearance and attire (possibly uniform, friendly manner with all passengers)
- Self- motivated and able to work as a part of a team.
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV + Cover letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org
- PLEASE state in the subject line of the e-mail: Driver and rename your CV as First/Last name + Driver.
- The closing date for applications is on Wednesday, 5 February 2020.
- Candidates from Saadah are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Due to the urgency of this appointment, interviews would be on a rolling basis and candidates may be identified before the closing date.
Contacting any ACTED staff member other than the contact details listed in regard to this job will result in disqualification