Ended MEAL Assistant
Job Title: MEAL Assistant
Number of Opening: 1
Start Date: 01-03-2020
Duration: 9 Months
Abs Development Organization for Woman and Child (ADO) is a non-profit, non-governmental humanitarian development organization working in the whole country of Yemen particularly the remote rural regions located at Tehama Cost, which was deprived of all public services and health care. Since its establishment in 1996, The Organization has been striving to create and maintain better living standards for impoverished women, youth and children through improvement programs designed to enhance livelihood, promote political, social and civil rights, provide health and humanitarian assistance and protect vulnerable women and girls suffering from gender based violence in partnership with the local Civil Society Organizations CSOs and International humanitarian institutions.
a) Reports to: M&E manager.
Core Functions & Responsibilities
Implement MEAL System
- Assist in Establish MEAL system within Projects including MEAL plan, data collection tools, and reporting schedule requirement of MEAL system, principles and guidelines.
- Assist in Ensuring quality data/information to be captured in database system, and analysis the data based on the requirements.
- Support in Lead the implementation of MEAL plan and data collection tools and techniques developed by MEAL Unit.
- Support the Project(s)Team for collecting progress data/information as per the required templates, guideline; and ensure the quality on data and reports.
- Prepare field visit plan, field visits tools and undertake field-monitoring visits in the project's sites, and prepare field-monitoring reports with identifying the bottlenecks and provide feedback for improvement.
- Assist in conducting project(s) related assessment, studies, research though ensuring quality met officer of data collection, plan of action for assessment, delivery of reports and requirements as suggested by the TOR and MEAL officer
- .Carry out filed monitoring visits when required by the MEAL
Capacity Building in MEAL
- Work closely with MEAL department to conduct capacity building activities (training, workshop) related to MEAL if the officer agrees.
- Work closely with projects team to ensure quality delivery of project's inputs and activities, and timely reporting of progress.
- Review the periodic reports of project(s), and compile the reports to be submitted in concerned department.
- Track target versus achievement, and assist prepare periodic reports.
- Work closely with MEAL team to draft TOR of assessments (Baselines, Midterm Review, End Line Surveys and other thematic studies);
- Review the assessment reports of consultants and TPM; and assure the MEAL unit for constructive feedback on their reports.
- Work closely with project(s) team to capture the lesson learned, success stories and best practice from the Project(s). And, make ensure for properly documentation of those information in the periodic reports and publications.
- Ensure the knowledge activities of project(s) and organization are properly documented.
- Involved pro-actively in designing and handling communication materials, pamphlets, flyers, posters and others as required.
- Conduct field visits as and when required.
- Participate in M&E conducted by the MEAL officer
- Assist to organize and facilitate various events such as meetings, workshops, conferences, and seminars.
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities assigned by the Project manager & M&E manager.
- Bachelor degree in relevant field with at least one (1) years of experience in humanitarian and/or development organization in designing, implementing and overseeing Monitoring Evaluation Learning and Accountability (MEAL) related task including Baseline surveys, DDM and PDM.
Experience and Skills:
- Sound knowledge and experience on writing reports.
- Experience of quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis.
- Good conceptual understanding of gender, protection, and human rights
- Good organizational skills, attention to detail and reporting in a timely manner.
- Strong computer proficiency, particularly with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Good knowledge of public sector and/or emergency services.
- Ability to spend extended periods of time in field conditions
Spoken and written Arabic and English is essential.
Competencies and Values
Accountability, Striving for excellence, Planning and Organizing, Collaborating, Taking the lead, Communicating, Demonstrating integrity.
Due to nature of activates and areas where we operate, work might entail difficult working/travel/accommodation conditions. Able to work on a computer and operate a keyboard, for extended periods of time. Able to work out of office location, at times at odd hours. Extensive field travel to the target areas required.
If you meet the requirements and interested in this job please fill the application in the following URL https://forms.gle/CsTmLfwr44NEBDNA6
Females are strongly encouraged to apply.
Deadline to send your application: 20/02/2020 you need to write the title of the position you apply for in the "email subject line". Any application without clear subject indicate to the position name will be excluded. Also please make sure to write your name in the attachment else, your Application won’t be perceived.
RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as Application will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.