Ended Logistic Assistant
Job Title Logistic Assistant
Number of Opening: 1
Application Deadline: 20/02/2020
Start Date: 01-03-2020
Duration: 9 Months
Abs Development Organization for Woman and Child (ADO) is a non-profit, non-governmental humanitarian development organization working in the whole country of Yemen particularly the remote rural regions located at Tehama Cost, which west deprived of all public services and health care. Since its establishment in 1996, The Organization has been striving to create and maintain better living standards for impoverished women, youth and children through improvement programs designed to enhance livelihood, promote political, social and civil rights, provide health and humanitarian assistance and protect vulnerable women and girls suffering from gender based violence in partnership with the local Civil Society Organizations CSOs and International humanitarian institutions.
a) Reports to: Project Manager / Logistic Officer & Head of Logistics
b) Subordinates: Storekeepers/Drivers and Daily Workers.
The Logistics Assist will prepare specifications, tender documents, and requests for offers for the supply of goods and services to meet the project’s objectives. He/she will ensure that the programmatic needs of the Projects are addressed and met in an efficient, timely, transparent, accountable and cost-effective manner. He/she will also be responsible for ensuring projects compliance with donor procurement rules and regulations.
Core Functions & Responsibilities
- Supervise the storing of all supplies belong to the project.
- Ensure qualified store management for all supplies in all ADO warehouses.
- Store all supplies which has expiry data and arrange them according to their expiry date and inform his supervisor about the near to expire product at least 6 months before the expiry date
- Received the stock from the supply provider and collect all waybills and archive the in the office
- Share the waybills details with the Information Management officer.
- Documentation of the distribution process with photo explaining all step of storing.
- Ensure qualified way of storing for the supplies following ADO store management guideline and follow all ADO logistical policies.
- Distribution of supplies according to the program plan of distribution including supervise the process of transportation and submitting the supplies for the targeted facilities of community distribution points.
- Ensure correct coordination for the transportation process.
- Regularly conduct field visit to the district warehouses and supervise the best practice of storing.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Prepare transport documentation accompanying dispatches such as packing lists, waybills and loading details to accompany shipment#
- Help determine the specifications of medical supplies or other equipment (fruition )
- Help bring quotes for any purchase requisites
- Advanced University degree in Logistics, Business Management or other related field.
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience from working as a Logistician in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Solid understanding of administrative procedures.
- Good conceptual understanding of gender, protection, and human rights
- Honest and trustworthy person.
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently;
- Excellent verbal/written communication and relationship building skills.
- Strong computer proficiency, particularly with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Good knowledge of public sector and/or emergency services.
- Good knowledge of geographically assigned environment
- Prefer to be able to communicate and develop linkages with NGOs & INGOs, Government agencies, local communities.
- Ability to spend extended periods of time in field conditions
Spoken and written Arabic and English is essential.
Competencies and Values
Accountability, Striving for excellence, Planning and Organizing, Collaborating, Taking the lead, Communicating, Demonstrating integrity.
Due to nature of activates and areas where we operate, work might entail difficult working/travel/accommodation conditions. Able to work on a computer and operate a keyboard, for extended periods of time. Able to work out of office location, at times at odd hours. Extensive field travel to the target areas required.
If you meet the requirements and interested in this job please fill the application in the following URL https://forms.gle/LjtLJbeqiWyxzqPu5
Females are strongly encouraged to apply.
Deadline to send your application: 20/02/2020 , you need to write the title of the position you apply for in the "email subject line". Any application without clear subject indicate to the position name will be excluded. Also please make sure to write your name in the attachment else, your Application won’t be perceived.
RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as Application will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS