Job Title: Finance Assistant
Number of Opening: 1
Start Date: 01-03-2020
Duration: 9 Months
Abs Development Organization for Woman and Child (ADO) is a non-profit, non-governmental humanitarian development organization working in the whole country of Yemen particularly the remote rural regions located at Tehama Cost, which was deprived of all public services and health care. Since its establishment in 1996, The Organization has been striving to create and maintain better living standards for impoverished women, youth and children through improvement programs designed to enhance livelihood, promote political, social and civil rights, provide health and humanitarian assistance and protect vulnerable women and girls suffering from gender based violence in partnership with the local Civil Society Organizations CSOs and International humanitarian institutions.
a) Reports to: officer finance/finance Manager
Core Functions & Responsibilities
- Reviewing daily Payments/Transactions. Ensuring accurate calculation and proper authorization & documentation as well as compliance with ADO/Donor procedures and standards
- Ensures that financial transactions are accompanied by appropriate and relevant supporting documentation dually signed and authorized by relevant Project Manager / budget holder.
- Ensures that payment and receipt vouchers are duly completed and accompanied with appropriate supporting documentation to provide sufficient / accurate information on accounting transactions.
- Support projects staff in preparation, of projects budgets and associate phasing of budgets
- Assist on act as assistant for finance officer who is budget controller and ensure the expenses are in line with budgets, ensure availability of timely management report for easy reference
- Assist to Coordinate with program staff in order to ensure that all support cost are spent according to the signed frame work agreements.
- Assist to Prepare accurate and timely monthly accounts (including all monthly registers)
- Assist on Prepare monthly report of debtors/ creditors, outstanding payments and other items.
- Conducting regular cash and bank reconciliations, verifying amounts held and reporting any discrepancies
- Prepare photocopies of vouchers and other supporting documents as required for the monthly reporting package to Sana’a office..
- File and scan all cash and bank vouchers after stamping and maintain voucher filing system such that files are updated, complete and safeguarded.
- Responsible for maintain finance archiving room.
- Involve in logistic activities by participating, Tender and, Quotation evaluation committee.
- Reviewing the transaction details list for all the projects and to do the rebooking if need.
- Monitor the under and over spend budgets for all the projects.
- On monthly basis assist on the expat salary tools to allocate their salary according to the cost allocation tool.
- Assist to allocate all the operations cost and the support staff to the right to projects and budget lines using the (cost allocation tools)
- Helping in Controlling the expenses in light of the budget lines approved by the donors.
- Ensure all financial documents are translated before submitting to Sana’a office.
- Helping to Ensures preparation of Field Office Financial documents for external and internal audits.
- Performance of work beyond normal office hours as required, without additional compensation.
- Maintain project files Conduct all duties in a professional manner following ADO regulations, code of conducts and charter.
- This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and the employee will also perform other related tasks as required and responsible for reporting and communication of progress and achievement of the specific assigned task including field visits to supervise, implement project activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- University Degree In Finance, Business Administration or other related field;
- Strong understanding of budgeting and financial management
Experience and Skills:
- 1 to 3 years of work experience within NGOs & INGOs financial management.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present financial matters to nonfinancial managers.
- Familiarity with operational, financial, quality assurance, and human resource procedures and regulations is a must.
- Good skills of using financial and accounting systems (Yemen Soft, others).
- Good conceptual understanding of gender, protection, and human rights
- Excellent representation, negotiation, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Strong team spirit and ability to work comfortably in multi-cultural contexts
- Good skills with basic software, such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to write reports and situational briefings in English
- Ability to come up with innovative solutions to unexpected and challenging problems
Spoken and written Arabic and English is essential.
Competencies and Values
Accountability, Striving for excellence, Planning and Organizing, Collaborating, Taking the lead, Communicating, Demonstrating integrity.
Due to nature of activates and areas where we operate, work might entail difficult working/travel/accommodation conditions. Able to work on a computer and operate a keyboard, for extended periods of time. Able to work out of office location, at times at odd hours. Extensive field travel to the target areas required.
If you meet the requirements and interested in this job please fill the application in the following URL https://forms.gle/Hwtw5HPaU3DodhyAA
Females are strongly encouraged to apply.
Deadline to send your application: 20/02/2020 , you need to write the title of the position you apply for in the "email subject line". Any application without clear subject indicate to the position name will be excluded. Also please make sure to write your name in the attachment else, your Application won’t be perceived.
RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as Application will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.