Ended Field Coordinator
Job Title: Field Coordinator
Application Deadline: 20/02/2020
Number of Opening: 1
Start Date: 01/03/2020
Duration: 9 Months
Abs Development Organization for Woman and Child (ADO) is a non-profit, non-governmental humanitarian development organization working in the whole country of Yemen particularly the remote rural regions located at Tehama Cost, which was deprived of all public services and health care. Since its establishment in 1996, The Organization has been striving to create and maintain better living standards for impoverished women, youth and children through improvement programs designed to enhance livelihood, promote political, social and civil rights, provide health and humanitarian assistance and protect vulnerable women and girls suffering from gender based violence in partnership with the local Civil Society Organizations CSOs and International humanitarian institutions.
a) Reports to: Project Manager /Project Officers
The Field Coordinator will be based in Aden and will be in charge of the daily management of the field team and operations in the governorate. The Field Coordinator will work under the supervision of the Project Manager and in coordination with other field staff to enable smooth implementation of the project.
Core Functions & Responsibilities
- Preparation of activities, in, arranging for transport, etc.; and Prepare the field needs of the project work team.
- Oversee and review all aspects of fieldwork on a daily basis in field.
- Coordinate field work for project with local representative’s/community members and different stakeholders in target area
- Overseeing for all logistics requirements of the training and workshops in addition to the fieldwork plans of the project work team.
- Write a report summarizing all activities carried out in the field, achievements, difficulties, etc.;
- Coordination and field communication with Local authorities and community leaders in the targeted areas, to ensure that all activities are implemented Without hindrances
- Participation in the preliminary survey and the definition of the region as well as the final survey of the target areas.
- Assist in the development of a promotional plan for the project and supervise its implementation
- Contributing to the selection of community volunteers in the target districts.
- Hold meeting with different stakeholders to plan activities using a participatory approach –
- Visit the field on a regular basis and work closely with field staff to ensure that activities are carried according to the work plan and provide support as needed.
- Collaborate with INGOs and UN agencies, community leaders and committees and with local authorities to reach the most vulnerable households. –
- Liaise with local community representatives and stakeholders to promote the project mission and activities and overcome any obstacles or issue that may arise in the field.
- Ensuring the security of the staff members, operations and means related to the program.
- Ensuring the coordination of the program implemented in area of intervention (operational, human resources, material or financial aspects);
- Submit weekly and monthly report on the activities conducted to the project Manager.
- Representing ADO towards authorities and partners at local level;
- Ensuring the operational management of the team.
- Ensure effective communication between the field team and program management.
- Facilitation / coordination of field work and work to solve the problems facing the project team and raise these obstacles to the Department periodically. In addition to. Resolve the administrative and logistics problems related to field activities.
- Supervising the progress of training and continuous follow-up with the trainer to ensure that the training is done well and smoothly and at a high level of quality.
- Review the monthly reports and statements and ensure that the data integrity is fulfilled before delivery to the project officers.
- Commitment to implement the field monitoring system adopted in the project.
- Properly archiving the documents and correspondence of the project for easy reference upon request.
- Perform other duties or tasks determined them by the manager.
- Maintain project files Conduct all duties in a professional manner following ADO regulations, code of conducts and charter.
- This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and the employee will also perform other related tasks as required and responsible for reporting and communication of progress and achievement of the specific assigned task including field visits to supervise, implement project activities.
- A Bachelor Degree in Humanities, Business, Development, or any related field.
Experience and Skills:
- 2 years of relevant professional work experience
- Good knowledge of geographically assigned environment
- Experience leading complex on site emergency response projects and/or programs requiring extensive judgment and interpretation. Diverse geographical professional experience preferred.
- Strong computer proficiency, particularly with Microsoft Excel and Word, and ability to use computer programs to collect, document and share assessment and monitoring results
- Strong representation and diplomacy skills
- Good knowledge of public sector and/or emergency services.
- Good knowledge of geographically assigned environment
- Prefer to be able to communicate and develop linkages with NGOs & INGOs, Government agencies, local communities.
- Good conceptual understanding of gender, protection, and human rights
- Ability to write reports and situational briefings in English
- Ability to spend extended periods of time in field conditions
Spoken and written Arabic and English is essential.
Competencies and Values
Accountability, Striving for excellence, Planning and Organizing, Collaborating, Taking the lead, Communicating, Demonstrating integrity.
Due to nature of activates and areas where we operate, work might entail difficult working/travel/accommodation conditions. Able to work on a computer and operate a keyboard, for extended periods of time. Able to work out of office location, at times at odd hours. Extensive field travel to the target areas required.
If you meet the requirements and interested in this job please fill the application in the following URL https://forms.gle/j11Ffg3eRjq4pper8
Females are strongly encouraged to apply.
Deadline to send your application: 20/02/2020 you need to write the title of the position you apply for in the "email subject line". Any application without clear subject indicate to the position name will be excluded. Also please make sure to write your name in the attachment else, your Application won’t be perceived.
RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as Application will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.