Ended Agriculture and Livelihood Officer
Job Title: agriculture and livelihood officer
Location: Hodeida- Aldahi-Hajaa
Number of Opening: 1
Application Deadline: 20/02/2020
Start Date: 01-03-2020
Duration: 9 Months
Abs Development Organization for Woman and Child (ADO) is a non-profit, non-governmental humanitarian development organization working in the whole country of Yemen particularly the remote rural regions located at Tehama Cost, which was deprived of all public services and health care. Since its establishment in 1996, The Organization has been striving to create and maintain better living standards for impoverished women, youth and children through improvement programs designed to enhance livelihood, promote political, social and civil rights, provide health and humanitarian assistance and protect vulnerable women and girls suffering from gender based violence in partnership with the local Civil Society Organizations CSOs and International humanitarian institutions.
a) Reports to: Project manager.
Core Functions & Responsibilities
- Responsible for successful planning, coordination and implementation of FSL input activities including market assessments, Agro-related interventions and beneficiaries’ identification among others.
- Implementation of project activities that include seed, tools and cash distribution, Agro-related training, and Agro-related interventions among others.
- Responsible for making follow-up of the FSL activities to ensure that FSL program objectives and outputs are achieved.
- To ensure that the FSL activities in the assigned area of operation are implemented in accordance with ADO & FSAC standard rules, regulations and operational procedures, agreed strategies, implementation plans and requirements.
- Coordinate closely with the FSL project manager to ensure that FSL related activities in the assigned areas of operation are implemented harmoniously and with quality.
- Build the capacity of other staff members in relation to Ago-related FSL components.
- In coordination with the MEAL Officer, ensure timely and quality capturing of MEAL data on agricultural and livelihoods project components.
- Ensure timely completion of project performance tools including detailed implementation plans and indicator tracking tables.
- Contribute to the development of viable community mobilization strategies for targeting, registration, and follow-up of FSL beneficiaries.
- Plan and execute FSL related capacity building for targeted communities.
- Ensure that targeting of FSL beneficiaries is done in a transparent and gender-sensitive and conflict-sensitive way, and is in line with the FSAC recommendation.
- Conduct follow up monitoring of FSL activities in the area of operation.
- Support the FSL project manager in compilation of timely and accurate weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual project reports.
- Support the FSL project manager in generation of procurement requests and budget forecasts.
- Support in archiving/filing of all FSL documents related to the area of operation
- Building on ADO databases to support the regular information sharing and coordination among different humanitarian, developmental and governmental stakeholders. This includes supporting the implementation of socioeconomic and wealth ranking surveys to inform targeting, monitoring and facilitation the engagement of development programs.
- In case ADO is implementing specific livelihoods activities, the Livelihoods Officer will strengthen, guide and monitor the livelihoods interventions and ensure compliance with ADO Minimum Criteria for Livelihoods programming.
- Conducting necessary assessments in collaboration with relevant private and public stakeholders. This includes impact assessments on local economies and surveys that help to inform interventions and identify investment and funding opportunities that enhance the economic inclusion of ADO person of concern.
- Building strong relationships with relevant stakeholders, including economic development agencies to adapt their programs to become inclusive of ADO persons of concern; private sector to enhance inclusion in their labor force and supply chains; financial service providers to enhance financial inclusion; and private sector service providers to include ADO persons of concern in supporting services (business development, microfinance, training, saving accounts, poverty alleviation and social protection, etc.).
- Working with the multi-functional team to assess the legal framework for the right to work and rights at work and recommend advocacy initiatives and policy reform to improve economic inclusion.
- Monitor and report to the project manager on the changing environment and thereby pro-actively contribute to evolving agriculture strategy in response to the ground realities.
- Serve as point of contact for agriculture issues at the district level and actively develop and maintain positive relationships with all relevant stakeholders in the district, including but not limited to all government departments and representatives, community and tribal leaders, local organizations and other partners.
- Submit program related reports as required.
- Other duties as required.
- Conduct field visits as and when required.
- Conduct training for ADO Field team.
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities assigned by the Project manager.
- Bachelor's Degree in Agriculture or Agricultural related studies.
Experience and Skills:
- He/she from same location, preferably for female
- Previous experiences in conducting market and contextual assessments
- Previous experience working on supervisory roles.
- Familiarity with International humanitarian operations, coordination structures, and the mandates of donors and other NGOs.
- Cross-cultural awareness and insight into FSL issues.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions with limited supervision.
- Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations and frustrations.
- Ability to relate to and motivate local staff effectively.
- at least 3 years’ experience implementing Agro-livelihoods in a similar context.
- Creative and able to work with limited resources.
- Team player and strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Proficient in computer applications, especially with MS Word and MS Excel, MS PowerPoint a plus.
- Strong English language speaking and writing abilities.
- Ability to interpret data, have a strong emphasis on project monitoring, and conduct results-based programming.
Spoken and written Arabic and English is essential.
Competencies and Values
Accountability, striving for excellence, Planning and Organizing, Collaborating, Taking the lead, Communicating, Demonstrating integrity.
Due to nature of activates and areas where we operate, work might entail difficult working/travel/accommodation conditions. Able to work on a computer and operate a keyboard, for extended periods of time. Able to work out of office location, at times at odd hours. Extensive field travel to the target areas required.
If you meet the requirements and interested in this job please fill the application in the following URL
Females are strongly encouraged to apply.
Deadline to send your application:20/02/2020 you need to write the title of the position you apply for in the "email subject line". Any application without clear subject indicate to the position name will be excluded. Also please make sure to write your name in the attachment else, your Application won’t be perceived.
RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as Application will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.