Ended HR & Admin Assistant
Title: HR & Admin Assistant - Hajjah
Responsible to: Project Manager
Start date: ASAP
About Human Appeal:
Human Appeal is a non-profit organization working across the globe to strengthen humanity’s struggle against poverty, social injustice and natural disaster. Through the provision of immediate relief and establishment of sustainable development programmes, we aim to invest in real effective solutions.
Now over 27 years, Human Appeal has a presence in 24 countries spanning across 3 continents: Asia, Africa and Europe. 2020 is an exciting time as we continue to build on our achievements to transform the lives of millions of people across the world. Human Appeal is Provision of Emergency Food Security and Livelihood assistance for acutely food insecure households in Najera district of Hajja governorate, so Human Appeal looking for a dynamic candidate who is passionate about international development to join our Human Appeal Yemen team.
The HR & Admin Assistant will work closely to make sure HR and Admin processes are seamlessly implemented and in line with the Human Appeal- Yemen policies and guidelines. He / she is in contact with staff and should ensure that the HR / Admin department proactively provides seamless and people friendly services in line with Human Appeal- Yemen policies and guidelines.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitoring and ensure the Staff maintenance and cleanliness of the office and the guesthouse facilities at all times;
- Prepare purchase requests for admin needs; ensure office supplies are in stock at all times, including stationary,
- Prepare payments for utility bills and submit to finance timely. Ensure all payments due are made on time so that the office / guesthouse will have continuous electricity, water, telephone and internet services.
- Monitors HA staff attendance and ensuring that all staff timesheets are submitted on time and filed appropriately.
- Primary focal point for the finger prints system in the office and ensure staff are added and removed on time.
- Prepares reports on staff members (attendance statistics hire and transfer data, exit information) as requested.
- Maintains confidentiality of all national staff personnel issues including contracts/pay rates and disciplinary matters.
- Coordinates the translation, proofreading and editing of documents as required.
- Set-up and coordinate meetings and conferences and talking minutes of the regular technical staff meetings.
- Proactively supports in recruiting new staff members and welcoming candidates for other offices (full-time and short-term/casual staff) and this includes, inviting candidates, arrange for interviews and/or written tests, attend interview, longlisting for position
- Ensures the recruitment of national staff adheres to the standing recruiting policies and procedures of Human Appeal.
- Report any issues might arise during the recruitment process as soon as it they arise to the top management.
- Proactively ensures that new staff members receive a comprehensive orientation on Human Appeal policies, procedures and systems.
- Follow up with other departments the orientation provided to joining staff.
- Ensure the orientation package is shared and filed in the staff personnel files.
- Maintains personnel files for all staff, including recruitment documents, CVs, valid contracts, timesheets, employee data sheets, disciplinary papers and performance evaluations.
- Follow up all new staff probation Evaluation is conducting on time, maintain and update the tracker for the dates and send reminders to supervisors to ensure the process is done on time for each staff.
- Other duties as assigned by the line & Technical Managers.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- university degree preferably in management.
- At least two-year INGO experience preferred.
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to take initiative and think strategically.
- Demonstrated ability to work with colleagues in complex and rapidly changing environment.
- Ability and willingness to travel to project sites as needed.
- Strong English and Arabic skills, written and spoken. Ability to write reports in English is preferable.
- Strong computer skills, including competence in MS Word, MS Excel and Power Point, internet/ MS Outlook.
Please send your English CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Clearly write the Position Name + Duty Station that you are applying for in the Email subject.
- RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 15 / February/ 202