Ended Procurement Assistant
Organizational Unit:Procurement and Logistics Unit
Duty Station: Yemen , Marib
IOM Classification: G-4
Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term (SST) Graded Contract, 6 Months (Renewable)
SVN No.: SVN2020/012
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date :Saturday 15, Feb 2020
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to thisvacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Working under the overall supervision of the Head of Procurement and Logistics (HPL) and the direct supervision of the Procurement and Logistics Officer (PLO) the incumbent will be responsible for carrying out procurement and logistics functions in accordance with IOM’s regulations, rules and procedures. In particular, s/he will
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Open a registry of all incoming PRFs to Procurement and Logistics Unit and establish a tracking system for easy search about their outcomes.
- Handle all Field office requests PRF, PO, contract and Payment voucher with proper track and filling system.
- Assist the Procurement and Logistic Unit in proper filling system
- Maintain proper Market survey sheet and maintain a data base for estimated cost based on previous purchase.
- Create a centralized filing system for all copies of, NAP, contract, addendums and Deed of Donations treated for the Filed Mission
- Control the inbox for the reception of physical quotations in the office, sort them out by RFQs reference for Procurement and Logistics Officer actions,
- Control the cleaning materials and reports monthly to the Procurement and Logistics Office in case of replenishment,
- Undertake official outdoor visits in Sanaa town on behalf of Procurement and Logistics Unit when required,
- Receive Procurement and Logistics Unit incoming visitors, guide them the required staff,
- Post Request for Quotation upon request of the Procurement and Logistics Officer
- Prepare and post all Requests for Quotations (RFQ), Request for Proposal (RFP) under the guidance of the Procurement and Logistics Officer,
- Prepare and submit to Finance Unit all payment requests related to Utility Bills, Internet Bills, and Landlines Bills before end of the closure of the Month.
- Prepare tracking for each dispatch by coordination with destination sub-office and get the proper confirmation and status of the arrived goods, Ensure appropriate funds are available for purchase.
- Develop a centralized tracking system either electronically or physically for all PRFs and POs received and posted in Procurement Unit in specific files for easy reference,
- Monitor and supply offices supplies and cleaning materials for Sanaa Office on a quarterly basis,
- Perform any other duties as assigned by Procurement officer or Head of Procurement and Logistics.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Degree / Certificate in Purchasing and Supplies, Logistics or Business Administration or related field; Thorough understanding of IOM Procurement and Logistics policies, rules and regulations.
- Knowledge on local road safety and highway regulation.
- Knowledge of motor mechanic, vehicle and equipment maintenance
- or an equivalent combination of education, training & experience;
- Minimum Three Years (One Year for Degree Holders) in Procurement and Logistics;
- Demonstrated ability to maintain integrity in performing responsibilities assigned.
- preferably within the United Nations or the International Humanitarian Field
Proactive; Independent Worker; A great team player; Fast Learner; IT Literate; Interpersonal Skills; Communication & Negotiation Skills; Administrative & Time Management Skills; Proficiency in Microsoft applications especially spreadsheets and word processing; Must have strong analytical, planning and people management skills; Ability to prepare clear and concise reports
- Fluency English and Arabic
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Female with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating position applied on the subject line by Saturday 15, Feb 2020
In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, with a subject line: SVN2020/012 Marib. Procurement Assistant G4
All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
“Only shortlisted candidates will be contracted”
From 02.Feb.2020 to 15.Feb.2020