Ended Finance Assistant
Title: Finance Assistant
Reports to: Project Manager
Start date: ASAP
Duty Station: Hajjah
About Human Appeal:
Human Appeal is a non-profit organization working across the globe to strengthen humanity’s struggle against poverty, social injustice and natural disaster. Through the provision of immediate relief and establishment of sustainable development programmes, we aim to invest in real effective solutions.
Now over 27 years, Human Appeal has a presence in 24 countries spanning across 3 continents: Asia, Africa and Europe. 2020 is an exciting time as we continue to build on our achievements to transform the lives of millions of people across the world. Human Appeal is Provision of Emergency Food Security and Livelihood assistance for acutely food insecure households, so Human Appeal looking for a dynamic candidate who is passionate about international development to join our Human Appeal Yemen team.
To work and assist the finance department to develop Human Appeal’s Finance Operations, systems, and dynamics ensuring that the systems meet the Statutory, standards and legal requirements.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with review of Purchase Order, Advance Request, Expense Reports and Payment Requests.
- Assist as needed with daily cash management and cash count in the sub-office Review all documents submitted for Payment to ensure proper procedures have been followed
- Assist with the maintenance of all accounting records, ensuring that records are complete, accurate and safeguarded
- Assist in maintaining filing of monthly sub journals vouchers.
- Liaise with the Human Resources department to maintain the Staff List and monthly payroll.
- Ensures all policies and procedures of Human Appeal are followed at the highest Standards.
- Scanning and archiving financial documents
- Any other duties assigned by the Finance officer and Finance Manager
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
Include but not limited to; Financial recording, reconciliations and Internal Controls
- Monitoring procedures are in place to ensure that there is a Zero tolerance approach to bribery, fraud and corruption.
- Screening and Vetting processes and procedures are in place for the assessment of partners, agents, contractors, suppliers, staff and beneficiaries of (cash based programmes
- There are contracts / agreements in place for significant grants
- Handing the cheques to the suppliers and beneficiaries.
- Submit all financial records to country office before the 5th of the following month
- Recording journal entry and receipt voucher for the received transfer
- Achieving the different financial documents (like general journals, payment vouchers, and financial transfers) in a systematic way and maintaining the general appearance of the department.
- Assisting the finance Officer in the preparation of the monthly request forms for the projects after preparing a financial report for each to be entered to the system before 5th of each month.
- Assisting the finance officer in the preparation of the monthly report.
- Assisting in the preparation of the quarterly financial reports.
- Issuing payment vouchers and cheques\transfers to the suppliers and beneficiaries.
- Sending the financial transfers to the authorized persons to be Signed.
- Communicating the bank for any inquiries or troubles
- Following up the receipt of the transfers in our bank account.
- Receiving the deposit slips from the banks to be archived in the suitable folders.
- Sending the financial transfers and any other financial correspondences to the banks.
- Reviewing the petty cash Payment requests received from the other departments.
- Issuing petty cash vouchers and get the finance officer approval.
- Preparing the petty cash replenishment request and receiving the amount from the bank.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- University degree in accounting is required.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the humanitarian field.
- Good Computer skills (PowerPoint, Word, particularly Excel).
- Able to communicate verbally and written in English and Arabic.
- Punctuality and respect for rules and procedures.
- Able to work independently, with minimal Supervision and well under pressure.
- Must be able to maintain highest level of confidentiality regarding work-related information and data.
The position will be based in Hajjah, 80% in the office and 20% in the field and might work at country office upon request.
Please send your English CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Clearly write the Position Name + Duty Station that you are applying for in the Email subject.
- RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 16 / February/ 2020