Ended IFRR Roving Manager
Position: Integrated Famine Risk Reduction (IFRR) Roving Manager
Reports to: EPRM Coordinator
Management responsibility: None
No. of positions: One
Duty Station: Roving throughout Yemen (IFRR priority districts)
Contract duration: One year
IRC Humanitarian Responses in Yemen:
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC Yemen Country program was established in 2012 and currently is implementing integrated Health, Nutrition, Environmental Health (WASH), Economic Recovery and Development, Women’s Protection and Empowerment and Education programming in eight governorates. The IRC Yemen Country Program operates from its Country Office in Sana’a and its main Field Office in Aden. Other subfield offices include Abyan, Hodeida and Al Dhale’e, with the Al Dhale’e office covering Lahj, and Shabwah.
Yemen is currently facing the biggest humanitarian operation and responses in the world. The level of human needs is so high such that about 230 districts are projected to be at heighted risk of falling into famine in 2019. The humanitarian responses are being implemented by different sectors and stakeholders across the country to alleviate suffering and save lives. Given that the affected population have multiple lifesaving needs, the four clusters (WASH, FSAC, Health and Nutrition) in collaboration with OCHA and donors have developed an integrated famine Risk Reduction (IFRR) strategy, that focus implementation of integrated minimum package recommended by the four clusters. The implementation of the minimum package is done by partners operational in the districts that at risk of famine. The implementation of the IFRR approach/strategy commenced in 2018 with prioritization in Ibb and Aden Governorates.
The IFFR Manager will work closely with IRC Senior Health and Nutrition Coordination and the EPRM Coordinator and will coordinate with the Clusters leads in Yemen and IRC EPRM Partners as a roving Technical Staff for Food Security and Agriculture, Health, Nutrition and WASH Clusters
Scope of Work:
To provide technical support to Partners, closely monitor implementation, progress, and quality and provide regular feedback on the implementation, challenges and recommend corrective action to the implementing partners, Cluster Coordination team at National and Sub National levels on the implementation of IFRR in the prioritized districts.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
Position Reports to: EPRM Coordinator
Position directly supervises: Not applicable
Other internal contacts: CD, DDP, EPRM Manager, EPRM Partnership Manager, Grants, MEAL, Finance, HR, Supply chain, Protection Sectors, Economic Recovery and Development, WASH Coordinator, Senior Health and Nutrition Coordinator
External: IFFR Coordinator, Health and Nutrition Working Group, peer and partner agencies, donors, Nutrition Cluster Coordinator, WASH Cluster Coordinator, Health Cluster Coordinator, Food Security Cluster Coordinator, OCHA
- Provide technical support to partners implementing the different components of IFRR as needed.
- Conduct field visits and conduct on job training and mentoring of partners’ staff of the IFRR minimum package for respective components.
- Monitor the implementation status of the integrated minimum package at the three platforms of response delivery (Facility, community, household and individual levels)
- Provide feedback to the respective Cluster Coordinators at National and Sub National levels on the implementation of respective minimum package in districts implementing the IFRR.
- Provide feedback to the implementing Partners on the identified gaps in response, challenges facing the staff on the ground.
- Prepare and action plan for identified gaps and challenges and follow up its implementation accordingly and update the Cluster Coordinators at National and Sub National levels accordingly.
- Review quality (completeness, accuracy, timeliness) of data routinely collected in the facilities/multiple sources and recommend improvement.
- Attend and provide update on the implementation of the IFRR package at District, Governorate and National Coordination meetings.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- First degree or advanced diploma in nutrition, health, WASH or Food security and Agriculture.
- At least 5 years’ experience in the respective field of interest, of which three (3) years should be within humanitarian context.
- Strong written and verbal communication in English and Arabic is required
- Demonstrated proficiency in reporting, with strong writing, editing, and critical analysis skills
- Solid ability to communicate concisely, respectfully, and with impact
- Flexibility to adapt to changing requirements and needs
- Familiarity in capacity building of partners
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct: Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons.
There is active conflict in parts of the country and a possibility for further expansion of the conflict and violence into other areas and other states. The situation in Yemen remains unpredictable. Security will be discussed during the interview process. Travel to Aden and other governorates will be required for grant management.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the IRC Career at the following link:
Deadline for Applying: February 18, 2020 .Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.