Ended Quality Assurance Assistant – MEL
Quality Assurance Assistant – MEL (1 Position)
Duty Station [Al-Dhale’a -Yemen]
“Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956 and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
DRC has been operating in the Middle East (ME) region for over a decade, running a combination of emergency, livelihood, protection and advocacy programmes through Country Offices (COs) in Yemen, Syria, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon and Turkey with a Regional Office (RO) in Amman.”
About the job
This non-managerial position is under the overall guidance of the QA Team Leader – MEAL. S/he will contribute to the development and implementation of DRC Yemen Quality Assurance framework, with particular focus assisting the designing and implementing the MEL activities; lead on-site distribution monitoring process, Assist the QA team in assuring the implementation of activities adhering to quality criteria during the monitoring process. Conduct door-to-door verification and finalization of the report. S/he will assist the recruitment process of causal data collectors/entrants and oversee the data collection process in the field and support in the implementation of evaluation and surveys.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain close working relationships with the field project team and stakeholders.
- Undertake field-monitoring missions to assess progress of the project implementation using standard monitoring and evaluation tools and methodologies.
- Conduct door-to-door verification process and submit the final results of verification.
- Assist in the recruitment process of data collectors (casual) and follow up on their contracts, attendance, payments.
- Oversee the data collection process in the field for MEAL activities (baseline, mid-term, evaluation and PDM) as well as capture the lessons learned and best practice.
- Support in reviewing and translating the MEAL surveys.
- Assist in receiving complaints from beneficiaries on the hotline, mobile, feedback boxes and/or any newly instituted feedback channels.
- Perform other duties as assigned by QA Team Leader/Manager.
To be successful in this role you must have:
Experience and technical competencies: (include years of experience)
- Minimum of one-year experience in the similar job with national/international NGOs/UN.
- Well knowledge of MS utilities (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Ability to write reports in both Arabic and English.
- Flexibility in carrying out tasks.
- Good listener with clear communications.
- Adheres to the DRC’s values and ethical standards.
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of the DRC Yemen Program.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Willingness to travel very frequently to field sites and percent of the time.
- Establishes, builds and maintains effective working relationships with staff and partners to facilitate the provision of support.
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
- Solid communication skills (written and oral): sensitivity to and responsiveness to all partners, respectful and helpful relations with donors and project staff.
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure.
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view. Solicits feedback from staff about the impact of his/her own behavior
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
High school certificate. Preferably, bachelor’s degree in social science, IT, computer science, statistics, economics, M&E science or related field.
- English – Good
- Arabic - Fluent
DRC will offer the successful applicant a One Year contract, renewable dependent on both funding and performance.
Workplace Al-Dhale’a with field visits.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment. This position will be placed at Band (I).
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button or the link below.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com
Applications close February 17, 2020.
Need further information?
For more details on this position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.