Ended WASH Engineer / Specialist
Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH) is looking for a WASH Engineer / Specialist (national position):
Position: WASH Engineer / WASH Specialist
Location: Aden, Yemen with travels inside Yemen
Contract details: Part-time / Full-time–depending on the grant
Duration: A full time position with a probationary period of 3 months
Starting date: ASAP
The Polish Humanitarian Action’s (PAH) is an INGO with a mission to make the world a better place by promoting humanitarian values and alleviating human suffering caused by armed conflicts and natural disasters. We provide humanitarian aid in places where humanitarian crises occur. Our support reaches foremost the most vulnerable to their consequences: women, children, elderly, disabled, refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs). In our work we honor the principles of: humanitarianism, impartiality, neutrality and independence. We provide aid in response to most severe needs, regardless of nationality, race, religion, social standing or views. We do not engage in political or religious disputes, and do not take sides with any actors in a conflict. For more information, please refer to www.pah.org.pl.
About PAH Yemen Mission
Our Yemen Mission has been officially established in July 2019 and currently provides humanitarian assistance to 61,572 beneficiaries in Aden and Lahij Governorates in Yemen, as well as to Yemeni refugees in Markazi Refugee Camp in Djibouti. Our needs assessments for future interventions were recently conducted in Aden, Lahij, Ad Dahlee and Taizz Governorates in Yemen.
Position reports to: Head of Mission (HoM), with close cooperation with Programme Coordinator, Project Manager, M&E Officer, Logistics Officer
- Conducting technical assessments of project sites
- Conducting needs assessments of WASH and provision of high quality data for WASH components of project proposa;
- Conducting regular project site visits and reporting its findings
- Participating in kick-off meetings with relevant stakeholders to ensure their understanding of technical requirements and BoQs
- Preparing designs and BoQs for WASH infrastructure
- Monitoring implementation of WASH related contracts, quality work and services and ensuring that the specifications and dimensions are matching the BoQs and the designs
- Designing and carrying out operation and maintenance trainings for beneficiaries
- Preparing technical assessments, progress, final and monitoring reports on WASH infrastructure and activities
- Monitoring technical condition of WASH infrastructure
- Overseeing regular water quality testing
- Submitting weekly and monthly reports to the Head of Mission
- Any other duties as required by the Head of Mission Requirements:
- At least a Bachelor degree in water engineering, public health or other relevant field is required. A Master degree would be an asset.
- At least 2 years of professional experience in working with NNGOs / INGOs in a similar position in WASH project management
Languages: Excellent command of English and Arabic Other Skills:
- Strong writing, analytical and communication skills
- Demonstrated monitoring and evaluation skills
- Proven capacity to supervise, train and coach staff in WASH technical skills
- Strong organisational skills, accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in a fast pace environment
- Ability to work independently
- High ethical standards
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with persons from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
Please submit your application form here including a short CV (max.2 pages) and a cover letter in English, no later than February 15th 2020.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. We reserve the right to close the recruitment process before the application end date.
NOTE: This position is for the Yemeni nationals only