Ended Junior Project Assistant (Migrant Assistance/Case work)
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position: Junior Project Assistant (Migrant Assistance / Case work)
Organizational Unit : Protection (PROTECTION)
Duty Station: Yemen, Hadramout/Al-Wahdia
IOM Classification: M 3
Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term (SST) MPH Contract, 6 Months (Renewable)
SVN No. : SVN2020/005
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: Tuesday 18, Feb 2020
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates
Working under the overall supervision of Snr Programme Assistant and the direct supervision of the Project Assistant (Migrant Assistance) incumbent to provide clerical support all steps of case management for assigned cases for persons impacted by abuse, exploitation, neglect and violence. Children (UASC and CAAFAG), women, elderly, persons with disabilities and other persons who have been gravely impacted by conflict. Case management will be provided through standalone IOM facilities including Migrant Response Points, Community Response Points, Child Friendly Spaces, and other services. Case workers will also be assigned to mobile response teams to strengthen access to population in need and facing a multitude of protection concerns.
The incumbent will be responsible for the following tasks:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Support the team in providing individual case management for persons facing protection threats, risks and vulnerabilities in accordance with all case management steps
- Compile Case Management forms in accordance with all case management steps and related tools and procedures
- Support the team regarding on-going support to families, foster and alternative care systems
- Participate and support in the identification of persons at risk of harm or harmed
- Provide input for weekly and staff activity reports
- Support coordination with other team members and service providers in order to advocate, and refer according to the best interests of the persons impacted by protection risks
- Regularly attend the relevant case management meetings and relevant case conferencing as advised by the supervisor
- Work with other protection colleagues to support efficient and responsible referrals to relevant non-protection services and assistance
- Support the Team in organizing community consultations, dialogue and focus group discussions when needed in support of improving services and support;
- Support the team in outreach and home visits (where required) with the Case Manager and ensures appropriate documentation;
- Attend meetings as requested by direct supervisor/manager
- Perform any other tasks as required.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree (B.S.c) in social science, business administration or other relevant discipline.
- At least 3 years’ experience as a social worker and with supervisory experience;
- Understanding of GBV, child protection and general protection case management procedures and processes;
- Understanding of standards and practices in migrant protection and assistance;
- Understanding of protection principles and experience in humanitarian emergency response;
- Prior professional experience with a humanitarian organization is required;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Good level of IT literacy (MS. Word & Excel).
- Ideal is understanding of psycho-social first aid and
Languages English and Arabic
- The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Female with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via email to email@example.com indicating position applied on subject line by Tuesday 18, Feb 2020
In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, with a subject line CFCV2020.005 Hadramout/Al-Wahdia, Junior Project Assistant (MA. CW) M3
All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
“Only shortlisted candidates will be contracted”
Posting period: From 05. Feb.2020 to 18. Feb.2020