Ended Area Procurement Assistant
CARE International is currently seeking an Area Procurement Assistant. He/ She will be responsible for ensuring that mission and project wide procurement is conducted in a timely and efficient manner. All procurements must adhere to operating policies and procedures and include accurate and up-to-date vendor and clearance agents’ information.
The position: Area Procurement Assistant
The Area Procurement Assistant reports to the Area Procurement Officer. And will be responsible for ensuring that mission and project wide procurement is conducted in a timely and efficient manner. All procurements must adhere to operating policies and procedures and include accurate and up-to-date vendor and clearance agents’ information.
Execute The Procurement Of Budgeted And Non-Budgeted Items According To The Procurement Policies And Procedures:
- Prepare vendor form and enter vendors in the system.
- Purchase goods and services as per organization policy
- Prepare Request for quotation, bid summaries and purchase orders, request quotes from suppliers, collect bids and evaluate quotes.
- Negotiate with suppliers for the best terms of service including price, delivery, payments and after sales service
- Liaise and coordinate with the relevant departments and functions regarding delivery of supplies while keeping all parties informed of any changes
- Ensure all payments to vendors are done without any delay and Follow up with finance regarding this
File and Archive Documents:
- Maintain and keep files for purchase orders, quotations, contracts, tenders, and internal purchase requisitions
- Ensure all the procurement documents are filed appropriately and are easy to access
- Perform other duties as assigned
- University Diploma in business management or related field
- 2 years of experience in logistics or procurement
- Excellent with computer skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good English language skills
- High integrity
- Demonstrates a high level of interpersonal skills and patience
- Able to work under pressure as part of a busy team
- Demonstrable commitment to gender-sensitive practices
Interested applicants should send a CV and a cover letter (English) by February 16th , 2020 to email@example.com with the subject heading “Area Procurement Assistant - Taiz”. Please do not apply unless you meet minimum application requirements, otherwise you will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.